30 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Fitz was 3-1 in his last 4 starts, completing 69% of his passes with 8TD/4INT and a 106.1 rating. Smart move by the Dolphins?

by ramsman34
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

moklerman wrote:Fitz was 3-1 in his last 4 starts, completing 69% of his passes with 8TD/4INT and a 106.1 rating. Smart move by the Dolphins?

Good question. I don’t get it. But, we don’t see him at practice, in the meetings, etc. His mobility can cause problems is my guess. And against our shoddy tackling D, might be the smart play. He does have to deal with AD, Ramsey, D Will, and JJ. It will be an interesting chess match. Our O needs to score a ton on them to make the D’s job easier.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Harvard

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10560  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by AvengerRam
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

If he holds the ball Tua long, Tua more blockers won't prevent Donald from taking him Tua the turf on a regular basis.

by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:

It's one thing to understand that you're just a placeholder but it seems wrong to bench a guy who is doing well while the team is winning. All a vet can do is make it hard to replace him, even if you are a high draft pick. Fitz did everything he could and got benched anyway. I still wonder what effect this will have on the team? I can't imagine those guys being happy about their QB being benched when they are winning. I guess if Tua comes in and does even better, the Dolphins will have made the right call. If he has the normal learning curve and struggles that rookies usually do though?

by actionjack
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

moklerman wrote:Fitz was 3-1 in his last 4 starts, completing 69% of his passes with 8TD/4INT and a 106.1 rating. Smart move by the Dolphins?

I think is was all pre planned. I think it is a bad move in the short term but they are thinking long term. I much rather face Tua in his first game than deal with possible Fitzmagic

by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I think is was all pre planned. I think it is a bad move in the short term but they are thinking long term. I much rather face Tua in his first game than deal with possible Fitzmagic
You're probably right but stringently adhering to a plan regardless of circumstances doesn't make them look too good either. I would bet that they didn't expect the team to be in a decent place and winning games at the bye before the season started.

Oh well, the only reason I care at all is because I think Fitz deserves better.

by actionjack
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

moklerman wrote:You're probably right but stringently adhering to a plan regardless of circumstances doesn't make them look too good either. I would bet that they didn't expect the team to be in a decent place and winning games at the bye before the season started.

Oh well, the only reason I care at all is because I think Fitz deserves better.

I completely agree, I feel bad for Fitz, alwats gets the short end of the stick. His comments today are telling.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Bring him home to back up Goff. on the cheap tho.

• 2 / 3
30 posts May 18 2024