1 week ago
 Total posts:   5677  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Seattle 5-0: bye, @Arizona, vs SF, Buffalo

Green Bay 4-0: @TBay, @Houston, vs Minn, @ SF

Chicago 4-1: @Carolina, @LA Rams, vs N.Orleans, @ Tennessee

Rams 4-1: @SF, v Chicago, @ Miami, bye

I don't know how these teams will do the next 4 weeks but the Rams can set themselves up for a strong finish, playing 5 of their last 8 games at home after the bye. There are a lot of good teams who must be thankful there's an extra playoff slot this year with the NFC East automatically putting a total dog in the tourney.

by AvengerRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5535  
Israel   Longwood, FL

I guess we'll know in the next two weeks, but I think the "pretender" in that group is Chicago. Their defense is good, but they have the 27th ranked offense. Also, here are the net point totals for these four after 5 games:

Green Bay +51
Seattle +33
Los Angeles +26
Chicago +5

by snackdaddy
1 week ago
 Total posts:   7280  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I remember thinking if we can go 5-3 heading into the bye we would have an excellent shot at the playoffs. Looking at the first half schedule I feared the possibility of going 3-5. I thought 5-3 would be as good as we can expect. Now, if we win 2 of the next 3 we would be at 6-2 and looking good. Heck, we could be staring at 7-1.

by ramsman34
1 week ago
 Total posts:   4579  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!
Superstar

My best “guess”. And I agree that Chicago is a pretender.

Seattle 5-0: bye, @Arizona (W) vs SF (W), Buffalo(L)
7-1

Green Bay 4-0: @TBay (L), @Houston (W), vs Minn (W), @ SF (W)
7-1

Chicago 4-1: @Carolina (L), @LA Rams (L), vs N.Orleans (W), @ Tennessee (L)
5-4

Rams 4-1: @SF (W), v Chicago (W), @ Miami (W), bye
7-1

I also agree with Mok, 1 game at a time. Here’s to going to 5-1 Sunday

by azramsfan93
1 week ago
 Total posts:   980  
United States of America   Arizona
Veteran

AvengerRam wrote:I guess we'll know in the next two weeks, but I think the "pretender" in that group is Chicago. Their defense is good, but they have the 27th ranked offense. Also, here are the net point totals for these four after 5 games:

Green Bay +51
Seattle +33
Los Angeles +26
Chicago +5

Rams 20 Dallas 17 +3
Rams 37 Philly 19 +21
Rams 32 Buffalo 35 +18
Rams 17 NYG 9 +26
Rams 30 WFT 10 +46

I have the Rams at +46 not +26.....

by AvengerRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5535  
Israel   Longwood, FL

azramsfan93 wrote:Rams 20 Dallas 17 +3
Rams 37 Philly 19 +21
Rams 32 Buffalo 35 +18
Rams 17 NYG 9 +26
Rams 30 WFT 10 +46

I have the Rams at +46 not +26.....

Yeah, you're right. I was looking at something that wasn't updated to include Sunday's games. After 5 weeks:

Green Bay (only 4 games played): +51
Los Angeles: +46
Seattle: +34
Chicago: +5

by PARAM
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5677  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I went back and watched the Buffalo game. We didn't play that bad. And while many say McVay shouldn't have had Sloman try such a long FG in windy Buffalo, maybe he wanted to gauge what he had in him. Truthfully, Sloman's didn't miss by a lot. And though there is no way to change that L into a W, they did fight and play excellent football to take the lead.

Next I went back to watch week 16 SF game from last year. Sure we gave up two 3rd and 16's on their final GWFG drive but throughout the game we couldn't throw a decent screen pass and we couldn't decently defend a screen pass. We sacked JG 6 times.

I listen to satelite radio all day and there is a lot of talk about the Rams with the caveat, all their wins have come against the NFC East. Still, the so called experts are almost convinced they're for real. They just need a win against a quality opponent. Enter SF. But why do I get the feeling, after we beat the crap out of them, the caveat will be....all their wins came against the NFC East or injury riddled teams?

Anyhow, after watching the SF, I wanted to put a perspective on what we currently have with our LA Rams, so I randomly went back to 2009....the furthest you can go with GamePass...to watch the opener of that season in Seattle. All it took was the opening kickoff, which Donnie Avery fumbled away and I thought, "yeah....no more of that 7-9 or 4-12 or 1-15 bullshit!". And FWIW, I turned off the TV before Seattle took their first snap.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Oct 25 2020