by ramsrams
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Oh, dear.

I hate this game, sometimes.

Best of luck to him.

I guess that is why you sign long term, when you have the chance.

by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

alex smith like, joe theismann like, just brutal.... honestly, given the size, speed and strength of all of these guys on the field it's a miracle that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.

by ramsrams
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Ain’t that the truth.

Worst part of the game, for me.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

At the hospital. They’re saying season ending surgery.

The franchise tag is a bitch.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:alex smith like, joe theismann like, just brutal.... honestly, given the size, speed and strength of all of these guys on the field it's a miracle that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.

Nothing can top Theismann. Compound fractures are my weakness.

by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

The power of adrenaline. When they were showing it live, Dak was just sitting on the ground, pointing to his ankle. Which was all twisted and pointing in the wrong direction. He was very calm and seemingly emotionless at that moment.

by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

yeah, adrenaline is something else.... i played football all four years in high school and never got used to how weird it was to see welts, bruises and lacerations during postgame showers, marks that i had no idea when they occurred during the game, yet was damn sure i would know exactly when each one occurred if they happened while i was walking down the street.

by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, adrenaline is something else.... i played football all four years in high school and never got used to how weird it was to see welts, bruises and lacerations during postgame showers, marks that i had no idea when they occurred during the game, yet was damn sure i would know exactly when each one occurred if they happened while i was walking down the street.
I guess that's when one should be really concerned. If you're eyes are telling you something is very wrong but you don't feel anything...that other proverbial shoe dropping is not going to be pleasant.

I suppose in a macho way, Dak earned himself some admiration with how he handled it. I've seen guys flopping around and shaking and screaming...and understandably so, after getting injured and then their reputation ultimately pays a price. It's unfair but can a team truly follow a guy that they've seen lose his cool or cry? Even when/if he comes back, those players will have the image of how he reacted in the back of their mind.

They may appreciate or even admire his courage and determination in coming back but in a sport like football, would they truly respect someone who handled an injury "poorly"? Good for Dak that he doesn't have to deal with that.

by Elvis
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Really awful, and terrible timing but let's not forget the franchise tag he signed is $31.4 million guaranteed and he probably has some kind of insurance...

• 1 / 2
16 posts Apr 20 2024