17 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams least likely to pass on first of second down, Seahawks 2nd most likely...

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I think this has to do with having an OC again. McVay gets pass happy. Having someone in his ear to walk him off the ledge helps.
I’m obviously fine with this.

by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's a look at pass ratios per down since mcvay has been hc, the stats do not include the 4th quarter given the strong influence score has on play calling.

the rams rank in the bottom half of the league in pass ratio for all three downs, and also rank lower than they have in past years under mcvay for all three downs... that said, the down that really jumps out is second down - only the colts have thrown less on second down this season and the rams ratio of 44.7% is well below anything they've ever booked before on second down under mcvay:

z01.png

z02.png

by ramsman34
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think McVay is very much aware and will be using this to his advantage. He also looks at situations. That long TD pas to Higbee at the Eagles was on second and 2 after a big first down run. His tendencies said “run” on the 2nd down but took a money shot.

I think as the season plays out he will start to throw on early downs Even with the yards to gain says to run - just to keep defenses completely off guard and guessing. and, I would bet he throws out of Formations that he has run a lot out of prior on 1st/2nd downs.

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I think McVay is very much aware and will be using this to his advantage. He also looks at situations. That long TD pas to Higbee at the Eagles was on second and 2 after a big first down run. His tendencies said “run” on the 2nd down but took a money shot.

I think as the season plays out he will start to throw on early downs Even with the yards to gain says to run - just to keep defenses completely off guard and guessing. and, I would bet he throws out of Formations that he has run a lot out of prior on 1st/2nd downs.

Is it possible he's taken (very seriously) the suppositions by the media (and others) that ".....the league has figured him out. The Bears and later the Patriots figured out a way to stress the Rams offense into failure...."? To me the Cowboys and Eagles and in the 2nd half, the Bills looked completely lost, running after shadows and allowing Rams skills guys to eat chunks of yards easily. The key will be how long can he self scout and remain unpredictable?

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:More analytics, Rams logo buried under Chiefs:

Nice to be under / in rarefied air.

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

• 1 / 2