8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

noteboom done at lg as long as edwards stays healthy and plays at this level.
lots of hard hits in the game, can really be appreciated on the a22.
dh got drilled a bunch but bounced right up after most - the dude looks so small.
goff got drilled on the 2nd half td pass to woods.
bootleg/trap screens completely shut down by bills, fooled no one, almost two turnovers.
rapp simply got owned, especially on a deep sideline pass and a td pass, it appeared he had no idea what his assignments were.

some nice runs by dh:

ad sacking allen twice on the same drive, including a sack fumble - the rams had just made it 24-28 and the bills were rolling in response, 1st and 10 at the rams 30, then ad took over:

all of goff's dropbacks by half, some beautiful big-time throws, especially a sideline throw to higbee and a big 17-yard throw to reynolds from the rams endzone to give the rams breathing room, which led to a 97-yard td drive.

first half:

second half:

by CRamsFly
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

aeneas1 wrote:noteboom done at lg as long as edwards stays healthy and plays at this level.
lots of hard hits in the game, can really be appreciated on the a22.
dh got drilled a bunch but bounced right up after most - the dude looks so small.
goff got drilled on the 2nd half td pass to woods.
bootleg/trap screens completely shut down by bills, fooled no one, almost two turnovers.
rapp simply got owned, especially on a deep sideline pass and a td pass, it appeared he had no idea what his assignments were.

Hey, aeneas, if you have time, can you check out the pick thrown by Goff to Jefferson? I was wondering if he ran the wrong route because he wasn't targeted after that and Reynolds got 5-6 targets afterwards. I don't think I even saw Jefferson in the game after that play? Thanks!

by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

CRamsFly wrote:Hey, aeneas, if you have time, can you check out the pick thrown by Goff to Jefferson? I was wondering if he ran the wrong route because he wasn't targeted after that and Reynolds got 5-6 targets afterwards. I don't think I even saw Jefferson in the game after that play? Thanks!

you can check it out in the vid above (goff's first half dropbacks), starts at the 3:00 mark... didn't look like he ran the wrong route to me, it's a comeback play the rams run, both wr run identical routes on opposite sides of the field, at the top of their route they turn toward the sideline and then turn to face the qb, ready to comeback for the ball... it was tight coverage and goff threw it to the only place he could, on the inside, but vj seemed slow moving in that direction (or wasn't expecting the ball to be thrown there) and the db was able to jump it... it could be argued that goff forced the 3rd & 10 throw imo... i also came across a breakdown of the play on twitter, can't find it now, but the guy who broke down the play said the bills were in quarters on the play, a coverage which had given the rams pobs in the past, it's what the bears and pats successfully ran against mcvay's offense.

re vj, he only played 8 snaps all game, while reynolds played 62 (90%).

by 69RamFan
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

One thing I have to say after viewing the game tape...

Our OL blocking schemes were opening up some nice holes for DH....

Its hard to tell in real time, but you can see it in slow motion...

So if you want to see how,,, just control your curser on start line that A1 provided on the Vids

Kromer has this OL playing in sync

Now I know why we are averaging 170yd/gm

by CRamsFly
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

aeneas1 wrote:you can check it out in the vid above (goff's first half dropbacks), starts at the 3:00 mark... didn't look like he ran the wrong route to me, it's a comeback play the rams run, both wr run identical routes on opposite sides of the field, at the top of their route they turn toward the sideline and then turn to face the qb, ready to comeback for the ball... it was tight coverage and goff threw it to the only place he could, on the inside, but vj seemed slow moving in that direction (or wasn't expecting the ball to be thrown there) and the db was able to jump it... it could be argued that goff forced the 3rd & 10 throw imo... i also came across a breakdown of the play on twitter, can't find it now, but the guy who broke down the play said the bills were in quarters on the play, a coverage which had given the rams pobs in the past, it's what the bears and pats successfully ran against mcvay's offense.

re vj, he only played 8 snaps all game, while reynolds played 62 (90%).

Thanks, aeneas. My takeaways from viewing all of Goff's passing plays :

- Stay away from screens for the next 2-3 games. I think they called 5-6 screens and all of them were absolutely destroyed except for 1 screen pass to Higby for 8-9 yards. Woods TD catch was short but didn't look like a true screen, since the one blocker he had was another WR or TE.
- I dislike play design where the receiver stops in the middle of the field. On the INT to Jefferson, 3 of the 5 receivers ran routes about 3-4 yards deep and stopped. Only 2 receivers ran routes beyond 8 yards. VJ's route was strange as he also stopped/slowed. Either he should have kept running to the middle or Goff's pass was off-target. Either way, I just don't like receiver's routes to stop, especially multiple receivers.
- I think Jefferson might have had a slight injury or did something wrong, because Reynolds had so many more snaps than VJ, compared to the other 2 games.
- I like the play design where a receiver (WR/TE) stays into block on a designed roll out and then delay pops out into the middle of the field, either running slowly upfield or slightly angled towards the roll out. The defense is typically rolling to the roll-out and often, the delay release allows the WR/TE to be wide open. Even on non-roll out plays, like the TD pass to Kupp, he had a delayed release.
- TE Everett needs more targets. He was wide open for a big gain on at least 1 play and he made that amazing catch.
- Goff doesn't pump fake enough. On shotgun snaps, he should pump fake more.

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

by Will0120
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Elvis wrote:

Great breakdown by the poster. :!2: