23 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by ramsfan1977
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Do not want to make this a weekly Sloman watch and I do not know who the answer is as a replacement but Sloman will cost us a game sooner than later.

by Haden
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2136  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I can't imagine that McVay has too much confidence in him. Imagine needing a 50 yard kick to win the game. This guy has been hitting chip shots (when he doesn't miss) and nothing more.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Yo Haden.....the Family Canuck spent a great week&a-half at Seeley Lake MT back about 2009......not far from Missoula. Beautiful Country! :idea2: We visited Glacier National Park, Waterton Lakes, and even got down to Wyoming and visited Yellowstone. Hope you had as good a time fishing as Brad Pitt did in the Montana fishing movie, A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT. ;) :arrow2: 8-)

Here's MY take on Sloman.
Our D holds Washington to a 3&OUT after the KO. Then go down methodically and score a TD on our opening possession.
Then Sam PugsleyAddams Sloman misses the ExtraPoint!!! :x :arrow2: :roll2: :arrow2: :oops2:
BUZZ KILL RIGHT THERE!! :twisted2:

The Canadian CFL vet Lirim Hajrullahu from Kosovo was better and we shudda kept him :idea2: :arrow2: :!2: :!2: .....
but two things:

ALUMNUS FACTOR:
Sloman is a Miami Ohio alum, like Sean McVay....

...plus DRAFT POLITICS FACTOR:
NFL Braintrusts always err on the side of their own Draft Picks if the talent level is close at cut-time.

I hope I am wrong, but like somebody else posted....
one day one of Sloman's shanks will cost us a game! :(

by Haden
3 years 6 months ago
RFU Survivor Champ

Except for 2 years ago when I had the flu, I fish the Blackfoot every September for a week. It is totally pristine and beautiful with a fantastic cutthroat trout population. I average 20+ wild fish per day (catch & release of course). I love this area of Montana so much that my wife and I bought a cabin on the Clark Fork River last week (between St. Regis and Superior). The Clark Fork is a great drift fishery for rainbows and cutthroats and is really central to waters such as the Blackfoot, Rock Creek, Flint Creek and Fish Creek. It is amazing how many people from California and the East Coast are moving into Montana. Property values are skyrocketing with good homes in the Missoula corridor usually lasting 3 days or less on the market. I figured I better jump on it now.

Take care! I have a feeling that we will both be cringing some more this season on Sloman.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

I've been saying that as well. I predicted that my December, he isn't our starting kicker. He hasn't really cost a game yet but he hasn't won one for us either. We were so spoiled having GZ and the weapon he is.
I would feel better with Sloman if Bones was still here. So far, our ST leaves something to be desired and will be our Achilles heel going into division play.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Just to show that I pay attention when the smart guys around here post ;) ...

I googled Superior MT, population (per wikipedia) of 812 and also St.Regis MT...
population 319. :shock2:

I hear that St. Regis is SO small....
...HOW small you ask????

In my best Johnny Carson voice:
"St.Regis is so small...
the Volunteer Fire Department is a 3 year old bed-wetter!" :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Seriously though....
Hey Haden, Congrats on the purchase of your cabin there in God's Country. :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

What is concerning, we're 5 games in and still don't know what we have in Sloman. Which means if he ain't the guy its gonna take longer to make a change. Has he even attempted a FG between 40-49 yards? Do we know he can make those? We know he can miss an occasional chip shot. What will he do if the game is on the line from 45 yards out? Too many questions and not enough answers. If he costs us a game I hope its not one that keeps us out of the playoffs.

by Haden
3 years 6 months ago
RFU Survivor Champ

snackdaddy wrote:What is concerning, we're 5 games in and still don't know what we have in Sloman. Which means if he ain't the guy its gonna take longer to make a change. Has he even attempted a FG between 40-49 yards? Do we know he can make those? We know he can miss an occasional chip shot. What will he do if the game is on the line from 45 yards out? Too many questions and not enough answers. If he costs us a game I hope its not one that keeps us out of the playoffs.

My thoughts and concerns exactly!

by Rams1PlateSince1976
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2087  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

You know you live in a small town when you have a single digit post office box. I'm PO Box 6.

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:What is concerning, we're 5 games in and still don't know what we have in Sloman. Which means if he ain't the guy its gonna take longer to make a change. Has he even attempted a FG between 40-49 yards? Do we know he can make those? We know he can miss an occasional chip shot. What will he do if the game is on the line from 45 yards out? Too many questions and not enough answers. If he costs us a game I hope its not one that keeps us out of the playoffs.

He's 0 of 1 from 50 yds _+
0 of 0 from 40-49
5 of 5 from 30-39
1 of 2 from 20-29

He's missed a long one and a chip shot, plus 2 PATs.

His kickoffs are improving and 5 games in, he hasn't been asked to make a "big kick" late. That will be the tell IMHO, no matter what yard line it is kicked from. My jury is still out on Sam Sloman but I'm not too worried.

• 2 / 3
23 posts Apr 29 2024