Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

32 offensive points
470 yards of offense
300 passing yards, 111.6 qb rating
170 yards on the ground, 5.2 yards per carry
erased a 3-28 deficit in a half of football

showed a lot of spine on the road against what looks like one of the better teams in the league.

have the 0-3 giants at home next week who just got whipped at their house 9-36 by a niners team missing garoppolo, kittle and bosa.

by Hacksaw
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

A feel good thread is a good idea. Why don't I feel good?

Go Dallas!!

by snackdaddy
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9692  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Sometimes a loss like that can be crushing. Great comeback only to fall short with a questionable call at the end. But for some reason I'm not as disappointed as I should be.

To be honest, looking at the first 3 games on the schedule if someone told me we'd be 2-1 I woulda said "I'll take it". I thought there was a chance we could be 1-2. Or even 0-3 if we had trouble getting going early in the season.

Our offense started slow but looked to be in midseason form in the second half. Goff looks like a comfortable quarterback in command of his offense. The run game looks much improved. Henderson is looking like the real deal.

The defense played pretty well the first two games. But today was a stinker for them. I hope the Bills offense is that good. Maybe we won't have as much trouble with most teams.

by CRamsFly
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

After 1H, I was feeling crushed, but I felt much better in the 2H. McVay, Goff and the offense made me feel much better. Play calling was much better in the 2H and I feel really good about the run game. However, McVay needs to back-off screen plays for a while.

My concern is on our defense. In the first 2 games, they didn't seem to make any mistakes, but the defense made several mistakes. Jordan Fuller injury is concerning - Rapp didn't play well. We need Burgess to step up.

I feel good about 2-1 with NY Giants and Washington coming up. We should be 4-1 after 5 games and after that, we just need to beat our division opponents. No matter what the Rams do, if we can't beat the Cards, Niners and the Seahawks, the Rams won't get anywhere.

by aeneas1
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:28-3 is no longer a reason to turn off the TV.

well if you're a diehard fan it's pretty tough to turn off the tv regardless.... that said, teams are 7- 203 when trailing by 21 or more at the half dating back to 2010, and no team has come back from -25 down at the half (including postseason games) - so i'd say that it's hardly a "there's a good chance anything can happen" proposition when a team trails by a lot of points at the half.

cumulative records for teams that trailed by 21 or more points at the half:

01.png

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10564  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:well if you're a diehard fan it's pretty tough to turn off the tv regardless.... that said, teams are 7- 203 when trailing by 21 or more at the half dating back to 2010, and no team has come back from -25 down at the half (including postseason games) - so i'd say that it's hardly a "there's a good chance anything can happen" proposition when a team trails by a lot of points at the half.

cumulative records for teams that trailed by 21 or more points at the half:

01.png

Maybe not exactly 28-3: but stuff like that.

by Hacksaw
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

we should have won that game and changed those stats. And everyone's minds about us..

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10564  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Again I know you’re tired of this: but I went to pretty much every home Rams game for 3 seasons and never saw a single win. I’m not getting bent over a single loss.

by PARAM
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   12296  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

It sucks the way we lost. Coming all the way back, having Allen going backwards, a penalty to give them the game, etc. But both sides of the ball came on in the second half. The killer was the play to Beasley to get the first down on 3rd and forever, not the penalty.

Having said that, the Bills are a good team and we were on the road back east for the 2nd week in a row. I'm proud of them. Coming back from 28-3 in the third sends messages....60 minutes.....bring your lunch pail when you play the Rams.....they're going to win a lot more than they lose.

(Wow what a dumb play by Seattle....TD turns into a touchback)

Here's the tale of the tape.

Goff on the year.....63 of 90 (70%) 863 yds (9.59 yds/att) 5 TD 2 Int 109.6 rating

Henderson 201 yards on 35 carries (5.7 yds/att) 2 TDs; 3 rec, 46 yards (15.3 avg)

Woods 13 rec, 193 yds, 14.8 avg, 1 TD
Kupp 18 rec, 228 yds, 12.7 avg, 1 TD
Higbee 10 rec., 134 yds, 13.4 avg, 3 TD

The O line is playing real well and the entire offense is playing like they had all the OTA's, a full camp and preseason. The defense is led by the new kid on the block, so they are still mastering his scheme. But they have played extremely well in each of the games second halves.

Nothing to be upset about IMHO. This team is good. And they're back.

We gotta be close to the #1 rushing team in the NFL. Not bad despite losing Gurley

• 1 / 3
29 posts May 26 2024