21 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

minshew mania took a bit of a hit last night, eh? 0 tds, a pick, 79.0 qb rating, reached miami's redzone just twice on ten drives, led the jags to a whopping 13 offensive points.... my guess is josh allen mania is gonna take a hit this weekend too.

by CRamsFly
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

aeneas1 wrote:minshew mania took a bit of a hit last night, eh? 0 tds, a pick, 79.0 qb rating, reached miami's redzone just twice on ten drives, led the jags to a whopping 13 offensive points.... my guess is josh allen mania is gonna take a hit this weekend too.

Man, I hope so. Has Josh Allen really improved that massively as a passer? His stats for the first 2 weeks is such a departure from his first 2 years of 58-59% completion rate and ~250 yards per game passing. Or is it because he played the Jets and the Dolphins to start the season? The Dolphins defense didn't look too bad last night.

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Ten 0-2 teams are arriving at that crossroad.....gonna turn the season around or gonna go 0-3 and onto a terrible season.

Atlanta vs. Chicago
Minnesota vs. Tennessee
Houston at Pittsburgh
Carolina at LA Chargers
NY Jets at Indianapolis
Denver vs. Tampa Bay
Detroit at Arizona
Cincinnati at Philly.....somebody gonna get a win
NY Giants vs San Francisco......upset of the week?

Eleven 2-0 teams......

Las Vegas at New England
Green Bay at New Orleans
Pittsburgh vs Houston
Tennessee at Minnesota
Chicago at Atlanta
Arizona vs Detroit
Seattle vs Dallas

and two 2-0 matchups

LA Rams at Buffalo
Kansas City at Baltimore

How many get their first loss? At least 2.

by Elvis
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Thinking about Fitz with the Rams, googled a bit and found this (from a couple years ago):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/w ... story.html

Fitzpatrick has faced doubt since he entered the NFL, chosen by the St. Louis Rams in 2005. Midway through the 2004 season, Rams Coach Mike Martz studied video of Fitzpatrick after quarterbacks coach John Ramsdell told him he needed to see this Ivy League quarterback. Martz looks for three qualities in quarterbacks: accuracy, intelligence and toughness.

“He was off the charts in all three of them,” Martz said.

Fitzpatrick could put the ball where he wanted, always hitting his receiver in stride. He was obviously smart — he scored a 48 on the Wonderlic test and, you know, Harvard — but his football acuity showed in how he made quick, correct decisions. He could take hits and didn’t even change his expression following interceptions. They graded Fitzpatrick as a second- or third-round talent.

“We were amazed we drafted him where we did,” Martz said. “He was exactly what I was looking for as a quarterback.”

The Rams correctly believed the rest of the league would overlook Fitzpatrick, owing to his 6-foot-2 frame and Ivy League competition, so they waited until the seventh round to take him. Martz believed he had found another passer in the category of Kurt Warner or Marc Bulger, an ideal quarterback for his system. But he fell ill midway through the 2005 season and left football. He called one player: Fitzpatrick.

“Don’t ever let anybody tell you you can’t play,” Martz said he told him. “You’re a starter in this league.”

The league didn’t necessarily agree. His draft position became a stigma. “The first thing personnel guys will say is, ‘Well, he’s a good backup,’ ” Martz said. “Right away, you get branded with that.” Fitzpatrick has continually landed in suboptimal situations, with organizations who have either regarded him lightly, failed to surround him with adequate talent, or both.

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I first met Canuck at Fitz's first home start in 2005. Right after he brought the Rams back against the Texans in Houston. It may have been his first start ever. Canuck gave away hats but I didn't get one! Despite me being a huge Pavel Bure fan.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Where TGII in crunch time?

Bye bye Mitchell. The legend of Foles lives on

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Where TGII in crunch time?

Bye bye Mitchell. The legend of Foles lives on

Enjoy the bench Mitch.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Charger on pace to go 0-2 in our stadium. We've only played once.

Panthers unis look ugly. Bridgewater looks good.

by CRamsFly
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

St. Loser Fan wrote:

Man, I feel bad for the Falcon's fans. :shock2:

• 1 / 3
21 posts Apr 19 2024