14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

many moons ago it was a snap to set up an online offshore gambling account with a credit card, buy ins were low, payouts were fast - a $20-$50 nfl parlay bet each week was always great fun!

but cc companies put the kibosh on the fun many moons ago as well, and the only real alternative was wiring cash, which i did once, but it was too much of a hassle in the long run so i just stopped.

anyway, i've gotten the bug again and just tried to set up an account at a couple of high profile joints but the cc card option still seems to be an issue.... so are any of you guys doing any online sports betting? if so, with who and how are you making your deposits? bitcoin and other cryptocurrency seems to be universally accepted at all of the books, but i've never bothered to look into cryptocurrency.

by actionjack
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:many moons ago it was a snap to set up an online offshore gambling account with a credit card, buy ins were low, payouts were fast - a $20-$50 nfl parlay bet each week was always great fun!

but cc companies put the kibosh on the fun many moons ago as well, and the only real alternative was wiring cash, which i did once, but it was too much of a hassle in the long run so i just stopped.

anyway, i've gotten the bug again and just tried to set up an account at a couple of high profile joints but the cc card option still seems to be an issue.... so are any of you guys doing any online sports betting? if so, with who and how are you making your deposits? bitcoin and other cryptocurrency seems to be universally accepted at all of the books, but i've never bothered to look into cryptocurrency.

I use to do the same, but havent tried recently. However, I do own a fair amount of stock in DraftKings (DKNG)....lol

by aeneas1
3 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

my younger brother has gotten me interested again, ha ha, he wants to put some $ down on mickelson in the open, and i'd like to do some parlay wagering....

by Elvis
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38450  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I used to have an account with 5Dimes but they're going legit with gambling becoming legal in the states which means i'm out of luck. The only way to get paid is via Bitcoin so now i have some bitcoin which i guess is how i'd fund another book if i get back in. Gotta admit betting on golf is actually pretty fun...

by aeneas1
3 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I used to have an account with 5Dimes but they're going legit with gambling becoming legal in the states which means i'm out of luck. The only way to get paid is via Bitcoin so now i have some bitcoin which i guess is how i'd fund another book if i get back in. Gotta admit betting on golf is actually pretty fun...

was purchasing bitcoin a pretty easy process?

by Elvis
3 years 7 months ago
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:was purchasing bitcoin a pretty easy process?

I had to cash out at 5Dimes and they only pay in bitcoin so i set up an account at coinbase, which was a little involved but not terrible. But that's the only funding i've done...

by aeneas1
3 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I had to cash out at 5Dimes and they only pay in bitcoin so i set up an account at coinbase, which was a little involved but not terrible. But that's the only funding i've done...

recently tried setting up a wallet for bitcoin but the detailed / private info that's requested spooked me, and i'm one of the least paranoid online transaction guys you'll ever come across, but i tend to draw the line when my online bank account username/password info is needed in order to complete a third party account registration....

by Elvis
3 years 7 months ago
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:recently tried setting up a wallet for bitcoin but the detailed / private info that's requested spooked me, and i'm one of the least paranoid online transaction guys you'll ever come across, but i tend to draw the line when my online bank account username/password info is needed in order to complete a third party account registration....

Maybe like 10 years ago i Western Unioned money to one of these off shore books to fund my account. I was prepared to never see that money again but it worked...

by aeneas1
3 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Maybe like 10 years ago i Western Unioned money to one of these off shore books to fund my account. I was prepared to never see that money again but it worked...

yeah, as i mentioned earlier, i did the wire thing too many years ago once cc companies squelched cc transactions with offshore gambling sites, it worked just fine but took too long, and once the funds were gone i never bothered with it again, too much of a hassle compared to the ease of a cc, especially when it came to spontaneous betting, ha ha.... btw i recently tried 3 different credit cards with 3 different well known books, all declined - then 15 minutes later my phone and email account lit up with a bunch cc fraud warnings, asking that i verify the attempted transactions.....

by Elvis
3 years 7 months ago
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, as i mentioned earlier, i did the wire thing too many years ago once cc companies squelched cc transactions with offshore gambling sites, it worked just fine but took too long, and once the funds were gone i never bothered with it again, too much of a hassle compared to the ease of a cc, especially when it came to spontaneous betting, ha ha.... btw i recently tried 3 different credit cards with 3 different well known books, all declined - then 15 minutes later my phone and email account lit up with a bunch cc fraud warnings, asking that i verify the attempted transactions.....

Will it work if you verify the charge? I know, at least 10 years ago, a lot of CC companies simply wouldn't allow their cards to be used to fund offshore gambling sites...

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 18 2024