74 posts
  • 5 / 8
 by Elvis
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm not particularly rooting for or against Gurley but it's always fun to keep track of ex players and coaches to see how they do compared to who we kept.

Did we make a smart move, a dumb one? Only one way to find out: See what happens next...

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

"wheres my money"? hurt feelings? jerk attitude?
always hoping for the f/o - coaches to make the correct calls. this one is shrouded in 'wtf happened' last year (and in our superbowl) that no one will talk about.
you don't just cut a/the face of your franchise, in his prime (age), with a sizeable cash/cap hit to play for others, if something isn't seriously wrong.

by Ramsdude
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:"wheres my money"? hurt feelings? jerk attitude?
always hoping for the f/o - coaches to make the correct calls. this one is shrouded in 'wtf happened' last year (and in our superbowl) that no one will talk about.
you don't just cut a/the face of your franchise, in his prime (age), with a sizeable cash/cap hit to play for others, if something isn't seriously wrong.

Yup, I was a big TG fan but noticed his 'tude from the start. He seemed to "sulk" when he was not happy and it got worse after his play started to decline. We all know how he was in public. We may never know just how bad he was "behind the scenes" and I think what we "didn't see" is what got him out of L.A..

His comments after he left really made it easy for me to "get over" his release. It was time to move on and I am glad we did.

by AvengerRam
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I also soured on Gurley last year, and did not appreciate his "pay me" campaign. That said, I'm largely indifferent about his stats at this point. Yes, his numbers look good, but he's playing on an 0-5 team. Our trio (ceRBerus) is doing a very good job and we're 4-1. I think we made the right call.

by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Didn't want Gurley to leave but Gurley had to leave. If his attitude was right, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he outproduced our current trio under the same circumstances. But somewhere along the line, Gurley turned into Anquan Boldin. Great talent but a bad attitude that doesn't do the team any good or himself.

Still wish he could have figured it out as a Ram but the Rams are better off without what he turned into.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I'm all in with Hacksaw. There is some other unspoken factor that led to Gurley's departure from LA! :idea2: Maybe it comes out one day, maybe it never does.....but I am sure glad that Todd MeMe&Me! Gurley is gonzo! :idea2:

And atop of whatever locker room malice he was selling, Todd Gurley was a total jackazz with the sports media last year!
Talk about a shitty ambassador for the Franchise eh!!! :oops2:

Hell, if some billionaire was paying me millions of US greenbacks every year, I could talk nicely and politely TO ANYBODY, ANYBODY I TELLS YA!.... for that amount of jack.....

even to Nancy OneMoreFacelift&I'llBeSportingAGoatee! Pelosi!!! :lol2:

by Drew31
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   50  
Lebanon   Ire/UK/MENA
Practice Squad

Didn't want Gurley to leave but Gurley had to leave. If his attitude was right, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he outproduced our current trio under the same circumstances. But somewhere along the line, Gurley turned into Anquan Boldin. Great talent but a bad attitude that doesn't do the team any good or himself.

Still wish he could have figured it out as a Ram but the Rams are better off without what he turned into

I agree with this. Gurley is a game changing talent and if the divorce came down to attitude it would be really saddening and frustrating that they couldn't work it out... and would in fact take the cap hit to be rid of him.

I am frankly desperate to know the whole behind the scenes story.

by ramsman34
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8541  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I still say it was a combination of attitude and diminishing skills due to the arthritic knee. Not to say he can't still be effective to very good (See this last game), he just can't be a dominant back, 20-25 touches/game, all season long. If a team has the multiple talents and they don't have egos, the committee/rotational approach is frankly a competitive advantage, IMO.

I wish TG3 no ill will and all the success he can muster. I am just glad we are in the position we are at RB.

by VegasRam
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Las Vegas
Practice Squad

CanuckRightWinger wrote:even to Nancy OneMoreFacelift&I'llBeSportingAGoatee! Pelosi!!! :lol2:

Now you've gone too far. ;)

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

(Sad trombone sound.)

• 5 / 8
74 posts Apr 25 2024