74 posts
  • 3 / 8
 by Haden
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Gurley is washed. Ryan isn't even throwing to him in Atlanta.

by /zn/
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

SolarRam wrote:TG got in McVay's head and caused him to make lazy game plans and attempt to rely on TGs successes of 2017-2018.

Do you guys remember Jermichael Finley? The GB tightend that had all this potential? Well McCarthy went on record in an interview after Finley's injury that he made a huge mistake centering the GB offense around 1 player. When he went down GB's offense sputtered. All thisnoff season work down the tube.

TG was McVays Finley. TGs 2018 potential was a crutch holding McVay back. By the end of the season last year McVay finally wised up. It wasn't our OL like many argued. It was the game plans and nostalgia of 2018 that held us back.

Well it was the OL too. It's no accident that both OTs started out last year playing poorly and they struggled, and this year both OTs started out playing well and the OL is rightly getting praise. It's not just the OTs of course, either in last year's struggles or in this year's good play, but generally you cannot count on your OL if both tackles are playing below standard.

by /zn/
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

On NFL Network "off season moves that are already paying off", one was 'Rams releasing Todd Gurley'. The guy said "I'm not trying to be cruel but the Rams run game is better using 3 RBs'.

I thought they should have credited Henderson and Brown more

by Elvis
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We are only 2 games in and it's never wise to make bold proclamations based on so little data, but yeah, looking that way...

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Last year it sure seemed like when Gurley got the ball there wasn't much running room. I wondered if he was part of the problem or was it the line. I'm leaning towards both. The line really didn't block very well. But it was clear he wasn't the same Gurley. I'm starting to think he will never be the same Todd Gurley we had in 2017 and 2018. I'm also starting to think it was a very good decision to move on from him. Now defenders won't be keying on one guy. And McVay won't be relying on one guy. We look much more balanced now.

by ramsman34
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Sooo,

4 weeks in and I no longer care. Why you ask? Because there is no comparison anymore. the Committee will almost always out play 1 man. and, we will probably have 1 main guy per game who will also outplay TG.

The reason I no longer care:
RAMS 3-1
ATL 0-4

Unless and until that disparity changes - it just doesn't matter anymore.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

He did look decent but not dominant the other night...

by ramsman34
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Exactly brother. He looked like he did occasionally last year. I am quite happy with our 3-headed monster.

by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

through week 4, per pff:

henderson 2nd
brown 33rd
gurley 41st

out of 49 qualifying rbs.

• 3 / 8
74 posts Apr 19 2024