5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by safer
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

God knows in the NBA and MLB they do it routinely.
THE biggest argument for a shortened (or no) preseason is to limit injuries in meaningless situations (games).
Why in the world don't we do that in the NFL regular season?
I understand that you want to keep your Oline working as a unit, but why not put in your 2nd Oline for a couple of series and let them create some film that might help develop younger players and protect your studs?
Also, putting in a guy like Woffold, with some packages designed for his style of play, which would then make other teams have to prepare to defend that.
It just makes too much sense for them change their ways.

by 69RamFan
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

They do put in the backup in the games that we are blowing out our opponents,,,,

Now if we are getting blown out,,,

I think its more of a pride issue,,,, and trying to work out the kinks

by Elvis
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm with you safer, sometimes seeing Gurley playing late in a blowout could be mind boggling...

by aeneas1
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

it's been an ongoing head-scratcher since mcvay has been at the helm, hold all of the starters out of preseason games, yet play them all deep into the 4th quarter despite insurmountable leads.

by majik
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Part of the issue is that game day rosters are too small. Yes you can take out your star QB or your start RB, but you usually have to play a few starting OL players because many teams don’t have 10 Active.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 18 2024