47 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by ramsman34
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8528  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

link to all players opting out - fluid - from my previous post. Not sure if you want to make this its own topic/thread?

https://www.nfl.com/news/list-of-nfl-pl ... 020-season

by Elvis
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:link to all players opting out - fluid - from my previous post. Not sure if you want to make this its own topic/thread?

https://www.nfl.com/news/list-of-nfl-pl ... 020-season

This actually is the opt out thread, misleading as the title might be.

I'll keep the running list in the OP.

Do we want a separate Covid IR thread or should we do both in this one?

by ramsman34
3 years 8 months ago

Elvis wrote:This actually is the opt out thread, misleading as the title might be.

I'll keep the running list in the OP.

Do we want a separate Covid IR thread or should we do both in this one?

Can probably keep all here as long as the thread title indicates that.

by ramsman34
3 years 8 months ago

I think there are going to be a good number of opt outs.

by Elvis
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:I think there are going to be a good number of opt outs.

It's interesting. On the one hand, why show up to camp if you're gonna opt out? So you'd figure the opt outs would be front loaded and mostly done. OTOH, nothing is ever that organized...

by rams74
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1472  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:EDIT: If enough star players opt out...what would be the point of playing a season with back-ups/replacement players? It will take one Mahomes type to spiral this down the drain.

Realist, not a negative Nancy. And ya, I hope I am completely wrong. We could all use the distraction/escape.

I agree with you on these points. But I don't think Roger Goodell does. I think he is determined to try to put a season together, and as much as is possible, I think he is determined to see it through to the end.

If the players all opted out, I think he would field full teams of replacement players if he could find players willing to play. He won't have to do that, because there are plenty of players willing to play, or at least start the season.

But I think it will take a fairly catastrophic set of circumstances to get Goodell to cancel the season.

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Theory going around is the Belichik is directing certain players to opt out so the Pats can tank and grab Trevor Lawrence in the draft. Again, just a fan theory, but I wouldn't put it past him. And that's a lot of opt outs this early for one team.

• 2 / 5
47 posts Apr 19 2024