473 posts
  • 13 / 48
 by AvengerRam
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

In 1909, the NAACP was formed, and used the term "colored people" to describe African-Americans.

Today, you wouldn't expect anyone to use the term "colored people" in the name of an organization.

Times change.

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

AvengerRam wrote:In 1909, the NAACP was formed, and used the term "colored people" to describe African-Americans.

Today, you wouldn't expect anyone to use the term "colored people" in the name of an organization.

Times change.

Good point. But have to point out that true as that may be, they haven’t changed their name...

by AvengerRam
3 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Good point. But have to point out that true as that may be, they haven’t changed their name...

True, but its their name. If the Redskins was a name kept by a Native American organization, that would be the same thing.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Somewhat relevant.

Bryant and Snyder are separated by 3 1/2 years of age.

by AvengerRam
3 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Somewhat relevant.

Bryant and Snyder are separated by 3 1/2 years of age.

I don't think that is relevant at all, apart from showing that Snyder is a bit arrogant.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I don't think that is relevant at all, apart from showing that Snyder is a bit arrogant.

It shows his arrogance plus his hard headedness. But if you disagree, use your admin powers and delete my post.

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

He may be arrogant, but using “mister” does not make one so. I know I am in the minority, but I still refer to strangers as Mr Ms until I am told otherwise by them. I am annoyed when people I don’t know call me by my first name as the only people in the world that use my first name are strangers. I go by a nick name. I Believe it is out of respect. Don’t think so? I bet you don’t refer to judges by their first name. Good luck in any military branch going by first names of those you don’t know. Etc etc. In much of the business world it is the same. But I understand not everyone agrees. And I do not think they are wrong. Just different. But again, I hate going back to automatically thinking people that think different than you are bad. And that’s what happened here. Someone said call me Mr and therefore, they must be arrogant.

by AvengerRam
3 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:It shows his arrogance plus his hard headedness. But if you disagree, use your admin powers and delete my post.

That's Mr. Admin Powers (Moderator, actually) to you.

I can't delete your post here, but I can offer you a Kleenex.

by Rams the Legends live on
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:In 1909, the NAACP was formed, and used the term "colored people" to describe African-Americans.

Times change.

Except for ironically it really hasn't. Saying colored people is bad but saying people of color is good. I mean is this some kind of Yoda Jedi mind trick where if you just move words around that makes them ok, it sounds good, good it sounds......LOL

What sorrow is in store for those who call sweet, bitter and bitter, sweet. Esaias has spoken well of this people yet it is with glee, dance, and celebration they welcome their own desolation. Maybe I really shouldn't but I admit I laugh cause I find it so comical.......LOL

by BobCarl
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4313  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Mr. Sparkle wrote:I am annoyed when people I don’t know call me by my first name

Yes, I AGREE 1000%

But for some reason that I can't figure out why ... why I feel genuinely respected when people call me by the pseudonym I give them.

• 13 / 48
473 posts Apr 29 2024