473 posts
  • 30 / 48
 by AvengerRam
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I wonder if Jeff Bezos has a spare $3 billion laying around?

He probably has that between his couch cushions.

Its an interesting issue. The NBA's forcing out of Donald Sterling is the most comparable example of a league forcing out an owner for inappropriate behavior. Of course, that's a different league, so its not direct precedence. Still, one could argue that Snyder's wrongdoing is worse that Sterlings or, at a minimum, more voluminous.

I'm pretty sure most Washington fans would not miss him.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:He probably has that between his couch cushions.

Its an interesting issue. The NBA's forcing out of Donald Sterling is the most comparable example of a league forcing out an owner for inappropriate behavior. Of course, that's a different league, so its not direct precedence. Still, one could argue that Snyder's wrongdoing is worse that Sterlings or, at a minimum, more voluminous.

I'm pretty sure most Washington fans would not miss him.

They don't have smoking gun audio tape proof on Snyder like they did on Sterling.

by AvengerRam
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:They don't have smoking gun audio tape proof on Snyder like they did on Sterling.

That's true, but there sure seems to be a lot of corroboration of the allegations against Snyder.

I think NFL owners are more powerful than NBA owners, for the most part, so I don't know if Snyder will be pushed out.

by Elvis
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

One of the things Andrew Brandt and Liz Clarke were talking about on his podcast is Washington used to be a real political power center for the NFL. The owners box was a who's who of DC power players. With Snyder, they've lost that.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:That's true, but there sure seems to be a lot of corroboration of the allegations against Snyder.

I think NFL owners are more powerful than NBA owners, for the most part, so I don't know if Snyder will be pushed out.

I think the league and Washington fans are stuck with Snyder. The only play the league and the DC area has is to keep him in the dump that is Fed Ex. He wants a palace like AT&T and Sofi at the RFK site.

by moklerman
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:One of the things Andrew Brandt and Liz Clarke were talking about on his podcast is Washington used to be a real political power center for the NFL. The owners box was a who's who of DC power players. With Snyder, they've lost that.
I have no love for Snyder but I am opposed to him being forced out before any investigation. Even if he acted inappropriately, I'm not sure "canceling" him is warranted. I mean, not all acts of inappropriate behavior are created equally so I think it prudent to wait to find out the details before claiming a sort of SJW imminent domain and taking his franchise away.

• 30 / 48
473 posts Apr 24 2024