333 posts
  • 34 / 34
 by Elvis
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   29214  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The reporting is he'll pay $875 mil for 40.5% of the team which would put their value at $2.16 billion. Forbes values them at $3.5 billion and that's before these new TV contracts. Seems pretty low.

And though the articles say this has nothing to do with the ongoing investigations into Snyder, sounds like he's gonna be around.

If not, i think he stands to make some money on those minority shares he's about to buy...

by Elvis
1 week ago
 Total posts:   29214  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Peter King:

5. DANIEL SNYDER.

Snyder borrowed heavily to buy out his three partners—at a reported $950 million—and now owns the team outright. That’s not great news for fans of the Washington Football Team. In the 22 seasons since Snyder bought the team, Washington has won four NFC East titles, is 2-6 in playoff games (winning two wild-card games and nothing beyond that), with zero playoff wins in the last 15 seasons. The good news is that Snyder consolidating ownership makes it easier for him to sell the team. The bad news is he has no intention of doing so.

I am told Snyder may take on partners in the future, to assuage the massive cash he’s had to raise to buy out his partners. But I am also told the team is intended to be passed down to the next generation of Snyders. One complicating factor (but probably not hugely complicating) is that Snyder could face significant league sanctions after the release of the report digging into the scandals related to Snyder’s and the team’s relationship and use of cheerleaders and female employees and media covering the team. I don’t believe he would be forced to sell the team, but we’ll see how serious the findings are.

by snackdaddy
1 week ago
 Total posts:   7998  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Snyder is one of those owners who loved to make big, splash signings in free agency. Usually the kind that never works out.

• 34 / 34
333 posts Apr 15 2021