408 posts
  • 11 / 41
 by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10515  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

It interesting hearing some of the stuff from the baseball camps. Players umpiring. Coaches being bat boys. Managers raking dirt between innings.

I assume football will take a long hard look at everyone on the sidelines and decide who is really needed. Could we see players pulling plays off the printer or pulling up stuff on tablets? Getting their own water? Etc.

by ramsman34
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8538  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Like I opined earlier, with the recent uptick in infections and now hospital capacities being maxed out in the southern sun belt, as well as the expected death rate to spike (again) - the chances for a “real” football season are quickly diminishing. And that sucks. There will be an attempt at a modified season. But, a season where a number of starters and star players could miss 1-2+ games due to infection, seems like a lame season at best. Sure, it’s still football. But the stats etc. will be skewed and that just puts a blemish on this type of season. Would I still want even a modified season as a fan? Sure. I just don’t see any games happening; the next 3 weeks will just prove this season to be too uncertain based on the progression and aggression of this virus.

If they decide to delay the start further into the fall it would certainly buy more time. Again, the medical and science experts all expect another wave to coincide with flu season which runs through the football season. That would seem to be very problematic.

What a weird and troubling time we are living now and for the foreseeable future.

by Hacksaw
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

by Hacksaw
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

They're not going to play.

• 11 / 41
408 posts Apr 24 2024