408 posts
  • 1 / 41
 by JackPMiller
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

That is my concern. With the COVID19 out there, what happens if our star players like Aaron Donald, Jared Goff, or others get the disease, does it really help? As much as I want to see football, but again is it safe? There is part of me, that thinks of health and safety of the players should come first. Not sure if anyone else has those thoughts as well.

by Hacksaw
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

NO. By then that will be clear.

The NFL has the intention to play but it's not going to happen barring a miracle cure. jmo

According to certain doctors and nurses I've spoken with or watched on TV, the worst cases can damage a young persons lungs so as they get older the start to develop problems. (Edit: It resembles) small glass particulates in the lungs. They may not die of it but is the damage worth the risk to an athlete?

by Kid Charlamagne
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
Veteran

I really want to hear the nfl’s plan, seems like every day something happens. All these college programs shut down after a few days of workouts with a spike in cases. They keep saying they’re planning on playing but I’m not seeing how it works realistically. I saw that the first nba player opted out, and the bubble seems way more doable than whatever the nfl is doing. Maybe they’re hoping for a medical solution.

by sloramfan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

please hacksaw ...

maybe a little research?...

no, run with the scare tactic...

according to your science...

prachi agarwal M.D. ....

agarwal, and another scientist Weifeng Kong teamed up and agarwal stated ...

"ground glass", means that a hazy lung opacity shows up on imaging that is not dense enough to obscure any pulmonary vessels or bronchial walls"....

it's not glass shards in childrens lungs... it's a science metaphor

just a science opinion...

go rams

slo

by Hacksaw
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

sloramfan wrote:please hacksaw ...

maybe a little research?...

no, run with the scare tactic...

according to your science...

prachi agarwal M.D. ....

agarwal, and another scientist Weifeng Kong teamed up and agarwal stated ...

"ground glass", means that a hazy lung opacity shows up on imaging that is not dense enough to obscure any pulmonary vessels or bronchial walls"....

it's not glass shards in childrens lungs... it's a science metaphor

just a science opinion...

go rams

slo

Exactly regarding the glass metaphor.
I've never heard of dr. Prachi Agarwal. I got that from my surgeon neighbor and 2 Kaiser nurses.
The point I was trying to make was the risk is not worth the potential illnesses or risk to longer term complications. There are still to many unknowns and many of the knowns arent good.

So, if/when it hits a team, then what? Just keep playing?

What's your plan for players to avoid the virus considering the size of the group's they travel in, full contact, no protections or distancing?
Quarantine those who get sick and hope they didnt share it?
Or perhaps completely sequester all active members of all participating NFL teams from any outside contact for the entire season?
I just dont see it happening without a cure.

You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong...

by sloramfan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i have no clue as to how this will all work out either..

like you, i'm hoping...

go rams

slo

by snackdaddy
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I would imagine if a player tests positive he has to quarantine for two weeks or more. Which means he won't play during that time. Imagine what would happen if Goff and Donald both test positive? Would be pretty tough for a few weeks.

I still don't know how the NFL can play. I can see baseball. Its not a contact sport. But playing without fans? That would be weird.

If the NFL tries to make it work I can see it being shut down before the season is halfway over when too many players and staff test positive. I can prevent getting infected because I can stay home. They have to travel. They have to stay in hotels. They have to eat while on the road. Their chances are a lot better than the average person. 2020 is just going to be one of those years. We might have to rely on our own devices to be entertained. Thank God for Netflix and Amazon.

by BobCarl
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

Covid-19 is a pandemic ... I guess another thread on the topic is worthwhile

by PARAM
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I would imagine if a player tests positive he has to quarantine for two weeks or more.

What about contact tracing? Wouldn't the whole team be quarantined? I don't see how they make it work and sustain it.

• 1 / 41
408 posts Apr 18 2024