22 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i wonder how many defensive backs are given the radio, i don't think it's that many, it's typically a linebacker thing, probably because of where the lb lines up, he can communicate verbally or physically to the dline while also being able to signal dbs... thing is with the radio, as we know, it can continue to be used after the initial defensive play is called, the dc can continue to communicate with the wearer until the last 15 secs of the clock.

by AvengerRam
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Micah Kiser may grow into that role. He was his college team's "defensive QB." He might be only a 2 down player, though, which would eliminate his ability to be that guy.

by ramsman34
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8541  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Could be a safety - especially if they are in big nickel often. Could be Rapp or JJ depending on which spins down to the Will. I think it will be whomever is our 3 down ILB

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

i think littleton wore it in 2018... whatever the case, you probably want a guy who's going to play a lot of snaps (along with experience) to sport it, and of course more than one guy can wear a receiver during a game (they're easy to mount inside a helmet), just not at the same time, i.e. only one guy can wear it at a time...

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

speaking of weddle.... :D

z02.jpg

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:That's why I mentioned Littleton, but I failed to point that out. My bad.

doh, missed the cl mention, apologies... anyway, not that it matters much, i think one of the bears ilb sported the dot last season, of course staley wasn't the dc there so who knows what he'll do, but jj would be as good a guy as any i would think, man i hope he can bounce back and put in a full, healthy season, really dig jj, smart player, knows the game, with a nose for the ball.

by actionjack
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3960  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Got to be JJ at this point, Rapp is way to inexperienced. Gonna be interesting with a new defense....

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Got to be JJ at this point, Rapp is way to inexperienced. Gonna be interesting with a new defense....

if experience is a decider, what about ramsey? he's played more nfl games than jj, played 93% of the defensive snaps for the rams last year, and weddle got the dot despite never having played a down for the rams.

by snackdaddy
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Ramsey makes a lot of sense. But do corners typically get that assignment? Seems like LB's and safeties are the most logical.

• 1 / 3
22 posts Apr 24 2024