20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Juggs
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   46  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

So. Is everyone reporting two weeks early and being quarantined for two weeks until all is clear? Lol This is going to be a hell of an odd year.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Juggs wrote:I never understood why teams like to go away. I dont know if its for bonding or focus or what. But when they were in St.Louis, they practiced all year in Crystal City but would go to Macolmb(spelling),IL every year for TC.

I think that's just it. You get away from home and distractions and all focus in together.

by Elvis
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38620  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Juggs wrote:I never understood why teams like to go away. I dont know if its for bonding or focus or what. But when they were in St.Louis, they practiced all year in Crystal City but would go to Macolmb(spelling),IL every year for TC.

It does seem like something teams are doing less now than ever.

The Rams gave up Macomb after 2004 (i think) and held camp at Earth City after that.

In L.A. they don't have a permanent facility yet and i'm not sure how good CLU would be for camp, though we're about to find out. It certainly doesn't seem like it would lend itself to fans attending.

Even when they do build a permanent facility with all the bells and whistles, seems like a good chance they would keep camp in Irvine for the OC fan base...

by Juggs
3 years 10 months ago
Undrafted Free Agent

I forgot that they switched to earth city after Martz.

by Juggs
3 years 10 months ago
Undrafted Free Agent

Elvis wrote:It does seem like something teams are doing less now than ever.

The Rams gave up Macomb after 2004 (i think) and held camp at Earth City after that.

In L.A. they don't have a permanent facility yet and i'm not sure how good CLU would be for camp, though we're about to find out. It certainly doesn't seem like it would lend itself to fans attending.

Even when they do built a permanent facility with all the bells and whistles, seems like a good chance they would keep camp in Irvine for the OC fan base...

Now im questioning myself? Did they practice in Crystal City? In 01, my HS team went to state and we got to practice in their facility. But i dont remember where it was. It was awesome. Grant Wistrom let us in the locked door. We were playing his HS team, Webb City.(they kicked our asses btw) we got to see their locker room, Holts very thin pads, Proehl had beer in his locker. It was great, then the team gave us turf shoes for the game...well we had to buy them for $1. Got to hear our names called over the loud speaker, use a professional locker room...was amazing.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Even when they do build a permanent facility with all the bells and whistles, seems like a good chance they would keep camp in Irvine for the OC fan base...

That permenent facility will be out near 1000 Oaks iirc?
The OC thing would be a good idea to keep going. We're not the only show in town, , or the cheapest...

by Elvis
3 years 10 months ago
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:That permenent facility will be out near 1000 Oaks iirc?
The OC thing would be a good idea to keep going. We're not the only show in town, , or the cheapest...

It's not really clear where the permanent facility will be, Playa Del Rey has been mentioned and Demoff has basically said their fielding offers from cities that would like to have them. So probably Thousand Oaks/Ventura County but could be anywhere...

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

They have not said much. Probably not a huge priority. They have a place that works and putting huge investment in the stadium. They have their corporate offices separate that seem “Permanent”. Too bad too. Would have been fun to have a bit Cowboy type facility with o everything at one place. But with the new normal, may not need such a big office complex after all.

by azramsfan93
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1493  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:I would be shocked if very many colleges go back, all the ones I have been in contact in California will be remote in the fall.
All schools in Arizona will be back in session in August.

by Elvis
3 years 10 months ago
Administrator

https://www.therams.com/news/training-c ... CHbDihJCeE

Training Camp presented by UNIFY Financial Credit Union to be held at California Lutheran University

Stu Jackson
STAFF WRITER

Rams training camp presented by UNIFY Financial Credit Union will be held at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks this year.

The team's adjustment to host at its local training facility rather than the traditional location at University of California-Irvine was made in response to a league-wide memorandum issued by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. In order to limit COVID-19 exposure risks through traveling and having to maintain two facilities, clubs have been instructed to hold their training camp at either their facility or home stadium and cancel joint practices this year.

"These steps are being taken for the 2020 preseason to address the current conditions and are not expected to be in place in 2021," Goodell said in the memo.

• 2 / 2
20 posts Apr 29 2024