5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
1 week ago
 Total posts:   13210  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's a look at the top 30 tight ends of 2019 according to pff, which i've ranked by the % of time each guy lined up wide.

everett lined up wide a whopping 24% of the time, second only to kelce, three times more often than higbee, and double the average for the top 30 tight ends.

01.png

by safer
1 week ago
 Total posts:   853  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

For me, I think Everett could be on the bubble next year, especially if our drafted T/E shows something. Remember, because he lines up wide that many times, his agent will most likely argue that he should be paid more than just for being a tight end, because wide outs make more $$. I think Higby has passed him too. I'm not down on Everett, I don't think we should spend the type of money he will want, at that position. JMVHO

by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6301  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

Which is a great recipe for two TE sets. And, Hopkins is more Everett than Higbee at this point. I think Everett will have a nice season while Hopkins gets a chance to learn the NFL. TE is one of the slowest starting positions in the NFL.

by snackdaddy
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6733  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I have a feeling this is Everett's last year with the Rams. If he doesn't get better they probably let him walk. If he finally breaks out he will earn a big payday. Which means they probably let him walk.

by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   912  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Veteran

I see the RAMs using more two TE sets this season...

The reason being, Everett can play Reynolds position....
while keeping the same scheme and plays with Everett, whether or not in the 11PG or 12PG...

Where I see more of a benefit using a two TE set with Everett... if the defense comes in with a nickel base Defensive package,,,

then we can run more of a run game plan with two TEs inline to asset the OL blocking scheme...

If the Defense goes into a base defense, then we take advantage of the LB who ever covers Everette in the slot or Wide.

• 1 / 1
5 posts May 31 2020