70 posts
  • 1 / 7
 by ramsman34
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Solid. I presume you think we are going to be playing a ton of big nickel so as to reduce the impact of losing Littleton by having a better coverage guy (hybrid safety) than Howard or whomever at ILB? I think so.

by /zn/
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Rams have added a lot of intriguing new LBs. There's Floyd and Lewis obviously. Then Johnston, who was playing well before injured. Rozeman has gotten a lot of good buzz too.

by sloramfan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

dick,,, sometimes we agree, and othertimes, well, you're wrong... lol jk

but i have to agree, i'm chomping at the bit, just to get at any information about how the D will gel...

thanks for the post... informative , and as always, a dick post, to the point...

good read... thanks again

man, i just can't wait for some contact...

go rams

slo

by azramsfan93
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Secondary.. biggest Q is how well JJ can replace Weddle, imo. Although.. I do wonder if they mess with Burgess back there. They already have a fantastic option at slot in Williams, who I think is every bit as good as NRC.

I was VERY frustrated with Weddle last year. It was obvious to me that he should have retired before last season. I think JJ will be a major upgrade.

I agree with you on WIlliams. I think that NRC was pretty good, but he was not great. The coaching staff is clearly relying on Williams and Burgess to hold down the slot.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Don't forget about former Michigan Wolverine CB David Long as the potential Rams 2020 Slot Corner sportsfans!!

Also, Levonta Taylor, the Florida State UDFA, 5'10" 190 lbs former Seminole CB converted to FS.....who is also Cam Akers FSU team mate....

....played with a bad back the past two seasons.....could be a diamond-in-the-rough Slot Corner too maybe!!

Seems we have an embarrassment of riches in the 2020 Los Ramos defensive backfield group eh!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

CandyGram to Nick Bones'PetProject Scott:
YIKES!!!! :?

by ramsman34
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Don't forget about former Michigan Wolverine CB David Long as the potential Rams 2020 Slot Corner sportsfans!!

Also, Levonta Taylor, the Florida State UDFA, 5'10" 190 lbs former Seminole CB converted to FS.....who is also Cam Akers FSU team mate....

....played with a bad back the past two seasons.....could be a diamond-in-the-rough Slot Corner too maybe!!

Seems we have an embarrassment of riches in the 2020 Los Ramos defensive backfield group eh!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

CandyGram to Nick Bones'PetProject Scott:
YIKES!!!! :?

Candygram, LMAO!. Ole Nick is gonna have a serious battle on his hands to stay on this team. And thats a good thing. Our secondary is loaded, affordable (sans Ramsey), and set up for future development nicely.

Our LB's will be the position of most interest this season and next, me thinks.

by HellRam
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   436  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

With Staley there is a new hope. I was officially done with Wade after the Tampa Bay game. Thanks for the Superbowl playoff run but other then that good riddance.

Overall I dont think our D is as talented as the last couple years but there are aspects to like. For example we should be more stout with players like Robinson, Kiser and Floyd in the mix.

Here's how I would rank our D.

Secondary: A-
This is the strength of our defense. If Ramsey can get back to how he played a couple seasons ago we should have a elite unit or close to it. The Rams have good depth at CB and Safety. Love our Safety combo with Rapp/Johnson. Hill is and has been underrated.

Linebackers: D+
Still a lot of unproven players here. At OLB we should be able to find a serviceable pass rusher between Lewis, OO and Floyd. Ebukam is good agaist the run and seems to slightly improve each year. We have some depth here. ILB is anouther story. I'm a Kiser fan but the lack of experience is worrisome. As well as the lack of depth.

Defensive Line: B
Donald is great, we know. Brockers is slighty above average but doesn't add much in terms of pass rush these days. Robinson might be bit of a wild card. Hopefully we get the good version this year. The Rams have solid depth on the line with SJD, Gaines and Fox in the mix as well.

by 69RamFan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Yes, I do think the D has improved with the players they've picked up

I see a possible of mix package with our front seven....

Depending on the down and yardage....

We now have the players that we can mix it up to be either a 4-3 or 3-4 defense...

On short yardage,,, I can see a 4-3 defense with Brockers, SJD, Robinson and AD,
and the Lbers,,, Foster Kiser and Ebukam

And on the 3-4,,, Brockers Robinson rotating with SJD and AD....
With Foster, Reeder ( I think he has better range than Kiser on passing downs)
with either Howard or Young on the weakside (This will be a battle in camp)
and Ebukam,,, with rotating in Lewis, OO

On the back end,,,
RAMsey and Hill at CB
JJ and Rapp at Safeties
to start at nickel package, Slot/Williams or Burgess (This will be a battle at camp)

by BobCarl
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:Robinson's peak has been pretty impressive and SJD had some really good moments. The Dline is going to rock.

I am totally hyped about A'Shawn ... I think he will be the unappreciated sleeper of the group ... he will take up two defenders which will spring Donald to become a total NFL record setting wrecking ball. Opposing offensive coordinators will be shitting their pants.

• 1 / 7
70 posts Apr 17 2024