50 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Nick Douglas wrote:I’m going to let you guys in on a little secret. The most important factor that inflates a sports franchise’s valuation is being in a city that rich people want to live in. Elon and Bezos both love LA. There is zero chance the Chargers are leaving.

Let’s not forget that Rams’ SSL sales crapped the bed as well. It’s hard to find precise numbers, but it looks like only $250 million for the Rams. Way below the Raiders or 49ers, which were their original comps.

The Raiders supposedly hit $550 million in sales.

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:The Raiders supposedly hit $550 million in sales.

Anyone know what the Golden Knights did? I suspect the amount of 3rd parties that snatch tickets for just about anything in Vegas has to be huge.
But Vegas was a good location for the Raiders as it is still just a drive away from the Bay Area and LA. Don't think they will be many "local" SSL holders.

by Nick Douglas
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   48  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

St. Loser Fan wrote:This is also why the Rams are borrowing $500 million: because Spanos doesn't have LA money.

The amount of money Spanos has is irrelevant. The Rams are the ones borrowing $500 million because it’s their stadium.

All of the talk about a revenue split was media BS. The Chargers get gameday revenues, and that’s it. Essentially, they’re a tenant with a $1/year lease. No skin in the stadium game for Spanos, for better or for worse.

by Nick Douglas
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   48  
Undrafted Free Agent

St. Loser Fan wrote:The Raiders supposedly hit $550 million in sales.

If I recall correctly, the Rams and Raiders both had $450 million PSL projections, and the Chargers had $400 million. Raiders blew by their goal. Chargers won’t hit 1/3 of theirs. Rams could still get 60% of theirs.

The key to the Rams and Chargers SSL debacle has been the ~3,000 VIP seats. Neither team has been able to sell them.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:

StL Chargers has a nice ring to it. That would solve several problems.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:StL Chargers has a nice ring to it. That would solve several problems.

Ha. They need to go home to San Diego.

The Chargers plane is most likely getting interior work. There’s a high end cabinet/upholstery company out of that airport.

by Juggs
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   46  
Undrafted Free Agent

St. Loser Fan wrote:Ha. They need to go home to San Diego.

The Chargers plane is most likely getting interior work. There’s a high end cabinet/upholstery company out of that airport.

Just ruin my hopes and dreams in 20 words. Lol

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Juggs wrote:Just ruin my hopes and dreams in 20 words. Lol

Like I’ve said the money is gone. The Blues took a share, part to expand the convention center and a small part to the MLS stadium under construction.

• 5 / 5
50 posts Apr 19 2024