70 posts
  • 1 / 7
 by Ramifornia510
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

I do not live in the Los Angeles area, but I have seen a few articles that the mayor has banned all concerts and sporting events until 2021. Does anyone in area have any closer information about this? I usually plan my trips for games when the schedule comes out next month and it would suck to have to cancel or move things around.

by RedAlice
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I wouldn’t plan anything right now that you can’t fully cancel.

by Elvis
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The mayor has said he thinks it's unlikely there will be any concerts or large events until 2021 but he hasn't banned anything yet.

Also, Sofi is in Inglewood which has its own mayor. So maybe that's a factor, but probably not.

Still, like Red says, don't make any plans you can't cancel. It's not looking great...

by Ramifornia510
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

Not planning anything yet. I would think that with the new stadium and the NFL as whole that they would somehow be exempt. I am just looking for a little more local insight on the topic. Everything is just so fluid right now

by BobCarl
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Sofi is in Inglewood which has its own mayor

I think you really mean ... Kroenke "owns" the mayor.

Kroenke will do what's best for his team and for the NFL

Regarding the greatest winery in the U.S. (which Kroenke owns), he was willing to uproot and replant all of the vines, which meant no wine for several years ... so as to protect his investment.

Kroenke will do what is best for the team ... with or without the Mayor's blessing.

by DirtyFacedKid
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Elvis wrote:The mayor has said he thinks it's unlikely there will be any concerts or large events until 2021 but he hasn't banned anything yet.

Also, Sofi is in Inglewood which has its own mayor. So maybe that's a factor, but probably not.

Still, like Red says, don't make any plans you can't cancel. It's not looking great...

Inglewood does not have it's own Health Department and is under the jurisdiction of LA County Public Health, which is usually in lockstep with whatever Garcetti puts into action. Inglewood can mandate stricter orders than LA County Health, but cannot roll any of the County orders back, should they impact SoFi attendance.

Edited for clarity.

by Flash
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Whew... thought this was going to be about me.

Lol

Funny shit man!

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The NFL has previously said that if one team is in a city/state with lockdown rules, then all teams are under lockdown.

Plus it’s not like you’re going to Green Bay or some other place where hotels are limited and require prepayment.

by azramsfan93
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I think it’s highly unlikely that any state will be in complete lockdown come August.

I doubt there will be CDC guidance to do so. If Garcetti tries to stay shut down when no one else does it will be interesting to watch.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Let’s say LA is still on lockdown while others in the area aren’t? Do the teams in Los Angeles proper temporarily go to places like Anaheim?

• 1 / 7
70 posts Apr 20 2024