CLOSE
22 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by PARAM
6 months ago
 Total posts:   5653  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Higbee a much better run blocking grade than Hooper, Waller, Dissly and Cook. Not surprising. They are "receiving tight ends". Higbee and Kittle are all around tight ends. Great value on that contract, eh?

by Dick84
6 months ago
 Total posts:   6610  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Higbee a much better run blocking grade than Hooper, Waller, Dissly and Cook. Not surprising. They are "receiving tight ends". Higbee and Kittle are all around tight ends. Great value on that contract, eh?

But let's only focus on the "bad deals".

by aeneas1
6 months ago
 Total posts:   14416  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:They probably shouldn't have non-qualifiers on their list. McElroy only played 1 game last year but is ranked #2 overall! ;)

actually there's not a number next to mcelroy's name, nor next to dissly's name for that matter, because they didn't play enough snaps to be "officially" ranked, but pff still wanted show where these guys "ranked" in their limited play.

that said, their new layout sucks, in the past guys that didn't play enough snaps would be listed at the bottom, after guys who played enough snaps to qualify, but even worse is they switched to using tables for their data, a la next gen stats, which makes it almost impossible to copy/paste the data into spreadsheets, alas...

by AvengerRam
2 months ago
 Total posts:   5524  
Israel   Longwood, FL

I don't think we'll ever be as TE-centric as the 49ers are with Kittle. He is far and away their most targeted receiver, while Higbee was third on the Rams, far behind Woods and Kupp.

by BobCarl
2 months ago
 Total posts:   3667  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:... he finished tied for 6th in targets, 6th in receptions and 7th in yards...

How did the TE's fare when McVay was in Washington? What I'm saying is McVay is a genius at exploiting the position, he's as good or better than anyone else. Maybe Higbee is reaping the benefits of working in McVay's system.

I'm very happy with Higbee, but how does he rank against other TE's when it comes to speed, route running, receptions in traffic, hands, getting open on broken plays, yards after contact and something that I feel is very important, blocking?

by 69RamFan
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1011  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:

Makes Higbee's deal look great deal for us at 7.25/mil/yr...

by Indrid Cold
2 months ago
 Total posts:   645  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Where's that other Higbee thread? Might have been my favorite of all time...

• 2 / 3
22 posts Oct 21 2020