37 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Hope everyone and their families are staying healthy and doing well.

It's been a rough time for everyone. The virus has already taken 2 of my family members. My Grandma, who was 96, and my uncle who was 56.

My wife still works at Walmart. I'm afraid she'll get it and we have a little one at home.

You can't enter the hospital in the area unless they take your temp, outside. The shelves are bare at pretty much every store.

I've lived 50 years and never have I seen anything like this.

People are idiots though. I see people driving by my house with a truck load of kids in the back. Like that's why closed school.

I'm not sure how this will turn out but it isn't a good time for America.

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

R4L,
I'm sorry to read about how hard your family has been hit.
I understand how concerned you must be for your wife and child!
My GF's daughter is a nurse and will begin her new assignment on the front line of the battle in a Ventura County hospital. My gal just broke down in tears yesterday out of her fears for all of this too.
I just learned today that a local doctor who had dinner two weeks ago with a large philanthropic group I'm in, has Coronavirus. Fortunately, I don't think anyone else has gotten it from him, and God knows there were a bunch of really old guys who had dinner with him.
I'm out here in Cali and we haven't been hit too hard yet...........but we know it's coming.
Stay safe out there!!!

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:That sucks. I’m sorry for your losses and understand the worry for your wife. My thoughts are with you.
My family is doing well, overall, very fortunate.
I do have some health care providers in my family and worry for them.

I just try to do what I can, unfortunately, can’t control others.

I know we had our differences Dick but thanks for the kind words man.

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

safer wrote:R4L,
I'm sorry to read about how hard your family has been hit.
I understand how concerned you must be for your wife and child!
My GF's daughter is a nurse and will begin her new assignment on the front line of the battle in a Ventura County hospital. My gal just broke down in tears yesterday out of her fears for all of this too.
I just learned today that a local doctor who had dinner two weeks ago with a large philanthropic group I'm in, has Coronavirus. Fortunately, I don't think anyone else has gotten it from him, and God knows there were a bunch of really old guys who had dinner with him.
I'm out here in Cali and we haven't been hit too hard yet...........but we know it's coming.
Stay safe out there!!!

I feel for your wife and hope everything turns out for the best. You be safe also

by aeneas1
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

very sorry to hear @R4L, very sad, try to stay strong...
and, yeah, i don't think anyone alive has seen the u.s. in this state before, not even close.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I'm so sorry to hear of your family losses @R4L. Gods speed to you and yours!!
Can your wife take the next few weeks off to miss the exponential growth window in front of us? Hopefully she is in possession of proper safety gear.

This is an unprecedented world event with no end in sight. We should all plan on months of this so everyone needs to slow down, have patience and stay clean. A remedy will come but until it does this is our new reality.
I fear things may never be quite the same again.

Meanwhile let's all be kind to each other by taking care of ourselves.

Gods speed to everyone.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

R4L wrote:Hope everyone and their families are staying healthy and doing well.

It's been a rough time for everyone. The virus has already taken 2 of my family members. My Grandma, who was 96, and my uncle who was 56.

My wife still works at Walmart. I'm afraid she'll get it and we have a little one at home.

You can't enter the hospital in the area unless they take your temp, outside. The shelves are bare at pretty much every store.

People are idiots though. I see people driving by my house with a truck load of kids in the back. Like that's why closed school.

Oh man, so sorry for you loss. I have an acquaintance that succumbed, but no family members. I can't even imagine how that must be. I really think this is going to hit close to home for most everyone, somehow.

Wash your damn hands and your face is lava.

by /zn/
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:Hope everyone and their families are staying healthy and doing well.

I;m genuinely sorry to hear that man. My condolences for your losses. My wife is an RN so I understand the continuing concerns. Do what you can and time will sort this out.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

My condolences R4L. Stay strong. Be safe.

• 1 / 4
37 posts Apr 19 2024