37 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

safer wrote:Lancer, I'm not sure exactly what PPE means.
I own a VRBO (that is now shut down). I've decided to rent it out for the next 6-12 months while this settles down. I'm also self-employed, so I'm hangin' out at home. I live just outside the small Cali town of Solvang. What was scary here is that many, many thousands of Chinese tourists came here recently, but apparently they weren't from the Wuhan region.
We only have two known cases here in our valley of about 25,000.
Stay safe!

Hey safer are you a wine guy? A friend of mine owns the Liquid Farm winery (based in Lompoc). They have a great chardonnay and pinot.

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Yeah, I'm into Reds. Syrah is my fav, and I have a small 300 plant vineyard. No money in it, just a buddy and I doing it.
It was the origins of the Fergalicious brand. I went to Whittier College with both of her parents back in the 70's. Her Dad and I put it in @ 2007. Now, they have a larger syrah vineyard next door and I went my separate way . I think they have around 600 vines over there.
I live 17 miles from the wine grotto in Lompoc and usually go over to Lompoc quite a bit because my grandson and his fam live there.
Stay safe!

by BobCarl
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

actionjack wrote:.... Lompoc). They have a great chardonnay and pinot.

Great area for Pinot Noir ... I know some peeps from my home town that now have a very successful winery (Dierberg) just few miles east of Lompoc.

I've always been a fan of Brewer Clifton, and many others from that area.

Joe Davis of Arcadian? He's an effing genius. Love him and hate him. But his wines are amazing. I haven't had his wine for a few years. Hopefully he is still in business.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

safer wrote:Syrah is my fav,
For me, wine is about context. When I've been tasting (and spitting) wine all day long, I prefer Pinot ... but at the end of the day, when I actually swallow, it is Syrah. For me it is almost a synesthesia type of thing... after listening to Yo Yo Ma, Chopin, and Vivaldi all day, I need some AC-DC to relax to.

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

safer wrote:Yeah, I'm into Reds. Syrah is my fav, and I have a small 300 plant vineyard. No money in it, just a buddy and I doing it.
It was the origins of the Fergalicious brand. I went to Whittier College with both of her parents back in the 70's. Her Dad and I put it in @ 2007. Now, they have a larger syrah vineyard next door and I went my separate way . I think they have around 600 vines over there.
I live 17 miles from the wine grotto in Lompoc and usually go over to Lompoc quite a bit because my grandson and his fam live there.
Stay safe!

Awesome, you would like the wine in the foothills above Sacramento, in Amador tons of syrahs and zinfandels. My family winery in St Helena, Napa (Varozza Vineyards) makes great cabs and pinots. I love love wine.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

actionjack wrote:(Varozza Vineyards)
A while back was practically in your back yard, when I spent some time at the CIA. I love the history mentioned on your website.

Do you have distribution of your wine outside of California?

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:A while back was practically in your back yard, when I spent some time at the CIA. I love the history mentioned on your website.

Do you have distribution of your wine outside of California?

Yep. where too. I can email my cousin.

• 3 / 4
37 posts Apr 18 2024