42 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by Elvis
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:I would be right there with you if the personnel decisions hadn't been so seemingly shaky. We've spent a lot of 1st round picks on a variety of guys that I thought we were planning to keep. Had a plan to keep. But the short term rentals on guys who are now gone are piling up, the salary cap is stretched thin, stars are leaving, coaches are being let go...like I said, it's probably more about my expectations than anything to really be alarmed about but what looked like a unified command and free agent destination has started to erode.

Who did we spend a first round pick on that we haven't kept?

Cooks may be damaged goods at this point but he's still here. Ramsey is here and supposedly we're working on an extension...

by laram
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

aeneas1 wrote:good friggin' grief...

brady, brees and prescott were held to a combined 3 tds, 2 picks, and an 85.3 qb rating while leading their teams to an average of just 19.3 offensive points - clearly no-show donald had nothing to do with that, instead he just had his thumb up his ass.... grab a glove and get in the game dude. :roll2:

You’re a stat boy I noticed you didn’t post his playoff numbers, instead you retort with some unsupported BS.

What did he have to do with the defense giving up 140+ points in three games and getting run over by the Cowboys in a game they needed for playoff contention??

No sacks vs Cowboys, Saints, Pats or Eagles lines.

Hmmmm

He’s a bottom feeder

by moklerman
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Who did we spend a first round pick on that we haven't kept?

Cooks may be damaged goods at this point but he's still here. Ramsey is here and supposedly we're working on an extension...
I thought we spent them on Fowler and Peters?

by Elvis
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:I thought we spent them on Fowler and Peters?

Maybe that's part of the problem you're having?

by moklerman
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Maybe that's part of the problem you're having?
Probably. I would have sworn we'd give up a 1st in each of those deals.

Overall, I'm willing to wait and see how it all pans out. McVay has earned plenty of rope and molding this team into what he wants now that he doesn't need the same type of support that a 1st time, inexperienced HC needed when he was hired will crystallize just where he is as a HC.

But all of this change still has me concerned. I can't help but think that Gurley, Zuerlein, Bones, Phillips, Fowler, etc. were more than insignificant pieces to our recent success and losing them all at the same time is going to be a pretty big adjustment.

by moklerman
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:You're absolutely right that those guys were BIG contributors to the Rams recent success. The Rams and McVay will have to develop/find new contributors, and that's the nature of long term success in the NFL.
I agree but still feel it's a bit shocking for it to be happening like this 3 years into his tenure. Tearing down Fisher's team and re-shaping it to his liking would be expected. Seemingly tearing down what was a successful 3 year run is unexpected to me.

Maneuvering, adjusting and modifying things along the way is the reality of the NFL, I agree. But this seems like more than just massaging the system and pieces that are in place. This seems more like wholesale changes. Which is the basis of my unease.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I agree but still feel it's a bit shocking for it to be happening like this 3 years into his tenure. Tearing down Fisher's team and re-shaping it to his liking would be expected. Seemingly tearing down what was a successful 3 year run is unexpected to me.

Maneuvering, adjusting and modifying things along the way is the reality of the NFL, I agree. But this seems like more than just massaging the system and pieces that are in place. This seems more like wholesale changes. Which is the basis of my unease.

The one thing I'd say is we have been in the habit of getting "1 year rentals" (or a year and a half). Watkins, Barwin, Peters, Talib, Suh, Fowler, Matthews, Weddle. So when you do that.....trade a pick and then let them walk adding to our potential to get good comp picks...it looks worse than it is. Sure we lost Littleton who was home grown and I'll miss him (as will others) but will the D miss him? Robey-Coleman was good but we're deep in the secondary. And we got Brockers back, a guy I've always considered under rated. We'll see.....hopefully.....and then we can worry or not.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

laram wrote:You’re a stat boy I noticed you didn’t post his playoff numbers, instead you retort with some unsupported BS.

What did he have to do with the defense giving up 140+ points in three games and getting run over by the Cowboys in a game they needed for playoff contention??

No sacks vs Cowboys, Saints, Pats or Eagles lines.

Hmmmm

He’s a bottom feeder

This is ridiculous, on many levels.

Big game #1: Week 15, 2017. Seattle 8-5 (at home) vs Rams 9-4. Seattle has the tiebreaker over L.A.
Donald? 3 sacks, 2 TFL, 4 QB hits. Yeah, a no show!

Big game #2: vs Atlanta, Wild Card
Donald? 0.5 Sacks, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game #3: Minnesota (1-1-1), Week 4, 2018
Donald? 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 4 QB hits

Big game #4: Seattle 2-2, Week 5, 2018
Donald? 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game#5: Green Bay 3-2-1, Week 8, 2018

Big game #6: @N.Orleans (6-1), Week 9, 2018
Donald? 0 sacks, 1 TFL, 4 QB hits

Big game #7: Kansas City (9-1), Week 11, 2018
Donald? 2 sacks (strip sacks), 0 TFL, 2 QB hits

Big game #8: Dallas, Divisional round
Donald? 0 sacks, 1 TFL, 0 QB hits

Big game #9: @New Orleans, NFC CG
Donald? 0 sacks, 2 TFL, 3 QB hits

Big game #10: Superbowl
Donald? 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game #11: @ Seattle (3-1)
Donald? 0 Sacks, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game #12: vs SF (5-0)
Donald? 2 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 QB hits

Big game #13: Seattle (10-2)
Donald? 1.5 sacks, 1 TFL, 4 QB hits

Big game #14: @ Dallas (6-7)???

Big game #15: vs SF (11-3)
Donald? 1.5 sacks, 1 TFL, 2 QB hits

Now I'm not sure if you only consider postseason games "big games" but that's the list I got. He doesn't show up? Bullshit! He's a bottom feeder? Bullshit. What's comical is you accuse fans of being "stat boys" and then you use stats to point to bad games? Except you only look at sacks. Good job.

by laram
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

PARAM wrote:This is ridiculous, on many levels.
I
Big game #1: Week 15, 2017. Seattle 8-5 (at home) vs Rams 9-4. Seattle has the tiebreaker over L.A.
Donald? 3 sacks, 2 TFL, 4 QB hits. Yeah, a no show!

Big game #2: vs Atlanta, Wild Card
Donald? 0.5 Sacks, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game #3: Minnesota (1-1-1), Week 4, 2018

Big game #4: Seattle 2-2, Week 5, 2018
Donald? 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game#5: Green Bay 3-2-1, Week 8, 2018

Big game #6: @N.Orleans (6-1), Week 9, 2018
Donald? 0 sacks, 1 TFL, 4 QB hits

Big game #7: Kansas City (9-1), Week 11, 2018
Donald? 2 sacks (strip sacks), 0 TFL, 2 QB hits

Big game #8: Dallas, Divisional round

Big game #9: @New Orleans, NFC CG
Donald? 0 sacks, 2 TFL, 3 QB hits

Big game #10: Superbowl
Donald? 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game #11: @ Seattle (3-1)
Donald? 0 Sacks, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit

Big game #12: vs SF (5-0)
Donald? 2 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 QB hits

Big game #13: Seattle (10-2)
Donald? 1.5 sacks, 1 TFL, 4 QB hits

Big game #14: @ Dallas (6-7)???

Big game #15: vs SF (11-3)
Donald? 1.5 sacks, 1 TFL, 2 QB hits

Now I'm not sure if you only consider postseason games "big games" but that's the list I got. He doesn't show up? Bullshit! He's a bottom feeder? Bullshit. What's comical is you accuse fans of being "stat boys" and then you use stats to point to bad games? Except you only look at sacks. Good job.

You obviously got a lot of time to waste, posting irrelevant shit.

I specifically stated playoffs and SB and even named some lines that he has been a zero against.

And I used sacks because that is the only STAT that. Can be quantified.

Nobody has any idea what the result of a hurry or hit was!

Do YOU? Can you tell ME if a hurry forced a dump off in the flat!!!

Yeah.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

laram wrote:You obviously got a lot of time to waste, posting irrelevant shit.

I specifically stated playoffs and SB and even named some lines that he has been a zero against.

And I used sacks because that is the only STAT that. Can be quantified.

Nobody has any idea what the result of a hurry or hit was!

Do YOU? Can you tell ME if a hurry forced a dump off in the flat!!!

Yeah.

Yeah, a lot of time to waste. Otherwise, I'd just skip over this crap. So you were speaking strictly playoffs and then cherry picked regular season games against "good lines". Well done. And you've come to the conclusion that the 2 time DPOY is a bottomfeeder and doesn't show up in postseason games. Well then, what can I say? Ain't nothing gonna change that analysis.

• 3 / 5
42 posts Apr 19 2024