19 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by BobCarl
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

norcalramfan wrote:Strange ... Brockers.. fails... physical ... we had the $$ to sign him all along... why not use that $$ on Littleton(?)

... we let GZ go... no #1 draft pick for the next two years, no TG, one WR who gets concussed with almost every tackle, a very old LT our IL coming off the injured list and having never started an NFL game

I am sooooo much wanting to tell you to stay positive ... but my neighbor Chichén Lytle is saying the same stuff as you.

Is the sky really falling?

:| :| :|

Reasons to stay positive:

#1 Contrary to what Al Davis believes, we don't need a first round draft pick to get a good place kicker.

#2 Malcolm Brown hasn't reached his potential, and neither has Darrell Henderson Jr.

#3 The Rams have a plethera of WRs and knowing Snead's eye for WR talent, he'll pick up an Isaac Bruce quality WR with a 7th round pick. (Who gets the credit for drafting Bruce? I dunno the answer)

#4, #5 The Rams have a new stadium and a new logo.

#6, #7, and #8 (but not least) Donald, Goff, and Jalen Ramsey ... and to borrow a quote from the guys up north ... "eh?"

#9 and #10 Mark my words ... Both DC Brandon Staley and monster Nose Tackle (#52 pick overall) will work wonders for the Rams entire defense.

#11 .. this team still has a genius mind for a Head Coach / Play Caller

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I was hoping to keep him and see how he kicked having 8 games indoors on plastic.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hard call right there. We all know how talented he is and how strong his leg is. But we couldn't count on him to make the ones he should make. He was one of those kickers who could make a 60 yarders then miss a 45 yarder. I would have no problem if they can find a guy who may not have the big leg but is more reliable inside 50 yards. Hopefully they find that guy. A kicker can win or lose games.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Haden wrote:Zurlein costs us at least two games last year with missed field goals. I think that McVay had seen enough.

And his back has been acting up for a couple years too. Perhaps there was a worsening underlying problem there. He was a Bones guy too.
I hope we have his replacement in mind not named Ficken.

So many of the components that made us great are gone. The team is somewhat unproven now. Crap shoot anyone?

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The team is somewhat unproven now.

That might have a positive effect on competitions for roster spots. Sure, AD, Goff, Whitworth, Higbee and some others know they've got a spot. The rest?

by azramsfan93
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Haden wrote:Zurlein costs us at least two games last year with missed field goals. I think that McVay had seen enough.

When he missed that 44 yarder costing us a great comeback win versus Seattle I yelled "dump that bum!".

I guess Snead and McVay heard me! :D

He was 5-11 from 40-49 last year. While his strong leg has resulted in some amazing moments, I prefer a trustworthy kicker.

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

His time had passed between the misses and injuries. You can’t count on him to last the season.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

azramsfan93 wrote:He was 5-11 from 40-49 last year. While his strong leg has resulted in some amazing moments, I prefer a trustworthy kicker.

Perhaps the strong leg is what helped his back weaken.. he did start missing more after the back flair up

• 2 / 2
19 posts Apr 20 2024