9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsman34
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... encytrades

Have a good laugh, or agree that those teams ahead of us are actually better than we are.

IF, we have a season, we will know the answer by week 8 most likely.

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

The ranking looks about right to me. I think we are better than a few teams above us, but I'm not sure there arent a few teams below that are better than us right now.

Off season rankings obviously mean nothing, but I agree with it overall as the Rams have a ton to prove in 2020.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsman34 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... encytrades

Have a good laugh, or agree that those teams ahead of us are actually better than we are.

IF, we have a season, we will know the answer by week 8 most likely.

OUCH ! We'll see. A good system should work. Gurley kinda sucked last year so how much worse can it get? A lot of changes including major coaches so it's kind of hard to pin down. Seem like the rankers have lost faith.
I really think that Gurley was the guy that made opponents and media tout the Rams. AD & McV too. Now that Gurley is gone seems all bets are off. The O getting shut down several times didn't help perceptions.

D though, BIG ?. Could workout as we have some real good players in key positions. The youngin's started to come on late too(other than 1 particular play at the end of our season) so I'm hopeful they can continue in the new system. The new blood has to play to the level of those they're replacing or that will be a bad trend down.

Our Superbowl D was loaded. All the chips were in.
Now McV has to get the O rolling and hope the D can step it up post Phillips while short on dough. After last years meltdowns you can sorta see why there's no confidence.. Just gotta earn it back.

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:OUCH ! We'll see. A good system should work. Gurley kinda sucked last year so how much worse can it get? A lot of changes including major coaches so it's kind of hard to pin down. Seem like the rankers have lost faith.
I really think that Gurley was the guy that made opponents and media tout the Rams. AD & McV too. Now that Gurley is gone seems all bets are off. The O getting shut down several times didn't help perceptions.

Of the last 6 Superbowl participating teams, 1 had a 1,000 yard rusher. The Rams and Todd Gurley. You don't necessarily need that stud RB mainly because if something happens to that stud RB, it's over. Sure the same could be said of the QB but we all know that's different. You actually do need a good QB because he plays on 100% of the plays.

Last year Kansas City's leading rusher had 498 yards. Their #2 had 465. San Francisco's leading rusher had 772 yards. Their #2 had 544. In 2018, the Patriots leading rusher had 931. Their #2 had 425. In 2017, the Patriots leading rusher had 896. Their #2 had 383. The Eagles leading rusher had 766, #2 had 408, #3 321.

Seems like a two or three headed monster in the backfield carrying the ball does a couple of things. For one, it keeps them fresh. For another, it's not all on one guy. And I'm sure there are more reasons to like multiple performers back there.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago

PARAM wrote:Of the last 6 Superbowl participating teams, 1 had a 1,000 yard rusher. The Rams and Todd Gurley. You don't necessarily need that stud RB mainly because if something happens to that stud RB, it's over. Sure the same could be said of the QB but we all know that's different. You actually do need a good QB because he plays on 100% of the plays.

Last year Kansas City's leading rusher had 498 yards. Their #2 had 465. San Francisco's leading rusher had 772 yards. Their #2 had 544. In 2018, the Patriots leading rusher had 931. Their #2 had 425. In 2017, the Patriots leading rusher had 896. Their #2 had 383. The Eagles leading rusher had 766, #2 had 408, #3 321.

Seems like a two or three headed monster in the backfield carrying the ball does a couple of things. For one, it keeps them fresh. For another, it's not all on one guy. And I'm sure there are more reasons to like multiple performers back there.

A lot of my comments were geared towards the media reaction as opposed to success potential. I agree with you that you don't need only one dominant back ,,, although it's nice to have one..

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:A lot of my comments were geared towards the media reaction as opposed to success potential. I agree with you that you don't need only one dominant back ,,, although it's nice to have one..

Sure it's nice to have one like the Gurley from 2017-18 but that wasn't enough to win the SB. I envy the way SF ran their backs out there. Seattle too. Kansas City was thought to be lost when they lost Kareem Hunt but look what happened. New England has rarely had "that guy" but rather a group of them and their success is unequaled. So who are we going to get to put with Brown and Henderson? I hope a RB is taken with one of our first 3 picks. Not to replace Gurley but rather team with Brown and Henderson. Give us 500-600 yards each and we've got a great running attack.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago

PARAM wrote:Sure it's nice to have one like the Gurley from 2017-18 but that wasn't enough to win the SB. I envy the way SF ran their backs out there. Seattle too. Kansas City was thought to be lost when they lost Kareem Hunt but look what happened. New England has rarely had "that guy" but rather a group of them and their success is unequaled. So who are we going to get to put with Brown and Henderson? I hope a RB is taken with one of our first 3 picks. Not to replace Gurley but rather team with Brown and Henderson. Give us 500-600 yards each and we've got a great running attack.

This approach also keeps the D thinking. Harder to track tendencies. It's likely the approach we'll see this year. But just as we think that, watch Snead pull a running back out of his hat.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The low rankings don't bother me. They mean nothing right now. Just some offseason fodder for people to discuss. We had some high rankings the previous couple years. But again, it meant nothing.

I would disagree some of the teams ranked higher are better than the Rams. And I don't believe its because I'm a homer. We will have a better than average offense. We'll definitely have a good passing attack. We'll have to see about the defense. But last year's defense was pretty bad at times. Perhaps some turnover isn't a bad thing.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago

Uncertainty = lower stock value

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 19 2024