15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Lotta historic games on here. No Rams representation though. Is there a Rams game you would have had on the list?

I would have had Warner on there twice with the '99 playoff game vs. the Vikings.

Oh, forgot about a more recent one but will let someone else list it.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Goff/Mahomes isn’t on the list?
Why have one

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Goff/Mahomes isn’t on the list?
Why have one
Yeah, that's the other one I would have added but I can see how it's not on the list depending on how much importance one puts on how crucial the game was.

by aeneas1
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Goff/Mahomes isn’t on the list?
Why have one

both guys over 400 yards passing
both guys 4 or more pass tds
both guys over 117.0 in qb rating
both guys led their offense to 40 or more points

nawh, they don't belong on the list.

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:both guys over 400 yards passing
both guys 4 or more pass tds
both guys over 117.0 in qb rating
both guys led their offense to 40 or more points

nawh, they don't belong on the list.
Which matchup would you replace? This is obviously a big game but I wouldn't say that it was as important as playoff/SB games so of the regular season games on the list, which should be ousted?

Arguably Unitas/Namath but at this moment, that would be a more historically significant game than two young pups. Theisman/Dickey I could see replacing though. Sentimentally, I'd hate to see Dickey get bumped but I'd probably do so.

For me, I'd have to find two games to bump though because I'd still put the '99 Rams/Vikings ahead of the Chiefs/Rams.

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

That's the problem with "top 10" or "top 20" or "top 5" of this or that. I hate em. There's always at least another one that should be there. Most times, more. It's like, "what are the top 10 most important positions on the Offensive or Defensive side of the ball?"

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Which matchup would you replace? This is obviously a big game but I wouldn't say that it was as important as playoff/SB games so of the regular season games on the list, which should be ousted?

Arguably Unitas/Namath but at this moment, that would be a more historically significant game than two young pups. Theisman/Dickey I could see replacing though. Sentimentally, I'd hate to see Dickey get bumped but I'd probably do so.

For me, I'd have to find two games to bump though because I'd still put the '99 Rams/Vikings ahead of the Chiefs/Rams.

Id easily put it over Manning/Romo. That wasn’t a playoff game. Wasn’t a national spotlight game either

Dickey vs Theisman?

by aeneas1
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

clearly the video is dated given it calls the dickey/theismann game the highest scoring mnf game of all time... goff/mahomes duel certainly trumps that entry imo.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I would have had Warner on there twice with the '99 playoff game vs. the Vikings

Why?
It’s top 10 QB duels, not historic wins.
Rams were up 49-17 in the 4th Q
George only had fancy stats because of his garbage time 4th

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Why?
It’s top 10 QB duels, not historic wins.
Rams were up 49-17 in the 4th Q
George only had fancy stats because of his garbage time 4th
Because I wouldn't knock it because it wasn't a tit for tat affair. It was still a shootout with each team going on streaks, still a playoff game and the two QB's combined for 800 yards and 9 TD's. Plus, there was very little contribution from their running games. In a 49-37 game it was mostly all passing.

• 1 / 2
15 posts Apr 18 2024