15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:That's the problem with "top 10" or "top 20" or "top 5" of this or that. I hate em. There's always at least another one that should be there. Most times, more. It's like, "what are the top 10 most important positions on the Offensive or Defensive side of the ball?"
It's true there's always a game left out or a name left out but that's whole point. It's a conversation piece, meant to pass a little time in a world with no sports.

I would have put "X" because of "Y" and "Z". There's no wrong answer or right answer, just conversation.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Because I wouldn't knock it because it wasn't a tit for tat affair. It was still a shootout with each team going on streaks, still a playoff game and the two QB's combined for 800 yards and 9 TD's. Plus, there was very little contribution from their running games. In a 49-37 game it was mostly all passing.

But it wasn’t a shootout.
The Rams blew them out in the 2nd half. George had more than half his yardage and 3 of his 4 TD in the last 8 minutes of the game when It was way out of reach.

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:clearly the video is dated given it calls the dickey/theismann game the highest scoring mnf game of all time... goff/mahomes duel certainly trumps that entry imo.
No political talk, please. ;)

But, while that Redskins/Packers matchup wasn't historical or significant, what I would put in it's favor was the era in which it was played. To put up those kinds of numbers by both QB's in what was still a run-heavy environment earns it some consideration.

I always rooted for Dickey though. He came before Majkowski and Favre and really gave a struggling Packers franchise some excitement. Had a pretty strong back to back '83/'84 seasons, putting up 57 TD's and 7,500 yards. TD% of 6.6 and 6.1 those two years. Really kind of a shame he was on one of the worst teams of the era. Back in the late '70's and early '80's it was basically punishment to get traded to the Packers or Buccaneers. Both were in the same division, both were bad most of the time and their games were labeled the bay of pigs games.

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:But it wasn’t a shootout.
The Rams blew them out in the 2nd half. George had more than half his yardage and 3 of his 4 TD in the last 8 minutes of the game when It was way out of reach.
I still count it as a shootout when the two teams combined for 86 points. It wasn't a nailbiter but it was still a ton of offense in the playoffs.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I still count it as a shootout when the two teams combined for 86 points. It wasn't a nailbiter but it was still a ton of offense in the playoffs.

Thats bizarre.
With 8 minutes to go in the game, it was 49-17, George had 198 yards and 1 TD
Shoot out to me implies there is back and forth. Rams destroyed them and the score doesnt indicate how much of a blow out it was.
To each there own

• 2 / 2
15 posts Apr 19 2024