52 posts
  • 5 / 6
 by Ramsdude
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:That’s not actually what he said. He said the hat that would be given away during the telethon would not be the one that leaked.

Ah, ok. Maybe I misunderstood. I thought he said it right after the hat leak not about the telethon. I couldn't find the quote again. Oh well, thanks for the info Avenger!

***edit***
Found this article where they deny the leaked hat was real, in fact, it was turned down. Also say they didn't have much say into the hat. Why not? lol

Full article:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/23/rams-new-logo-colors/

Two weeks ago, someone leaked what the Rams now confirm was a specialty hat made by New Era specifically for the NFL draft. Let’s just say it did not receive rave reviews on social media.

The Rams were “caught off guard” by the leak, according to Thiry, and insist it was a design they turned down multiple times.

It’s not a hat I would buy or we would ever want in the marketplace, but we didn’t get much of a say in that,” Demoff said. “[That hat] was a terrible first introduction to where we are headed, but there’s nothing we can do about how that came to be.”

by aeneas1
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Ramsdude wrote:Yeah, he also said "Don't worry, the new logo is not the one that was leaked". I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

yep.

---------------------------

Message from Rams COO Kevin Demoff to Season Ticket Members
https://www.therams.com/news/message-fr ... et-members

excerpt:

Giving back to our community and inspiring Angelenos is at the heart of our organization, so it is fitting that we will showcase our new look as part of the Te"LA"thon. Furthermore, anyone who donates to the The"LA"thon has a chance to win a Rams hat donning our new brand, while supplies last. And don't worry – it's not the hat that you saw on social media a few weeks ago

by Ramsdude
4 years 3 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:yep.

excerpt:

Giving back to our community and inspiring Angelenos is at the heart of our organization, so it is fitting that we will showcase our new look as part of the Te"LA"thon. Furthermore, anyone who donates to the The"LA"thon has a chance to win a Rams hat donning our new brand, while supplies last. And don't worry – it's not the hat that you saw on social media a few weeks ago

That's it!! Thanks a1!!

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I get mixed messages. Slim shady..

by Elvis
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:yep.

excerpt:

Not to get too into semantics but Demoff is saying it's not the hat you saw. Also, in the Hammond piece on page 5 of the logo thread Demoff explained (or tried to) the hat situation:

Let’s talk about that draft hat that got leaked on social media. What happened there? And was it pretty much a worst-case scenario in terms of your launch?

There were two immense frustrations. We had looked at — and our fans are observant — in the Super Bowl commercial, the colors on Jalen and Aaron’s helmets are the new colors. We had discussions with the NFL about debuting the new logo in that commercial. Ultimately, what dissuaded us from doing that was that there would not be merchandise in the marketplace until April. So we would debut this new look without any way to represent it, outside of digitally, for a very long period of time. So to have a piece of merchandise — to go back in time, we didn’t want to do the draft hat; we disapproved of the logo a number of times, just because it didn’t look anything like our logo. To have a piece of merchandise ship early and be discovered in a warehouse, that wasn’t anywhere near our brand. I think that was the worst-possible representation and the worst-case scenario you could come up with.

Even had it been a hat or a T-shirt that had the new colors and logos, and it had leaked, you could deal with the fact that it leaked. Many of these things do. But to have one where the design was similar but different, so you couldn’t go out aggressively and say, “That’s not the logo,” because it had enough characteristics where people would say, “Well, it kind of is” — but it was the wrong colors, it was the wrong lines, the wrong shading, the wrong font. It was the wrong everything, and it didn’t come out with the whole story around the blue and the yellow, the elements of the design that speak to us, and gradient from white to yellow that speaks to history, the ram head that goes with it that has the same horn, the font. It was basically this terrible representation of your brand that was maybe your brand but really not, and certainly not presented in a way that told the whole story. I think that’s what was disappointing. We had the same reaction the fans did when that hat came out.

Of course none of this makes the logo any better but Demoff is saying that hat was a terrible representation of the new log...

by Ramsdude
4 years 3 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Thanks for that info Elvis. The hat and the current log might not be exactly the same but it is the same concept and look pretty close to each other. IMO, he is just trying to save face and make it sound like the actual logo is way better than the "leaked hat" logo...and it is not. He came out and said he wouldn't even wear the "leaked hat". That tells me a lot considering the likeness of both and the only real difference is the horn color. I do agree with him though. I will NOT wear that hat either!

Bottom line is BOTH representations of the logo suck because of the awful design. He can say what he wants, unless the design changes, the fans reactions won't. Trolling the fans the way he did, didn't help him either.

by aeneas1
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Not to get too into semantics but Demoff is saying it's not the hat you saw.

i agree, technically what demoff said was true, the leaked hat wasn't THE hat that the rams went with, passed out, but i'm not sure how much closer you could have gotten to it, clearly they were basically the same, the leak wasn't out of left field compared to what the rams unveiled... reading what demoff wrote ("And don't worry – it's not the hat that you saw on social media a few weeks ago.") sure seems like splitting hairs.

by Ramsdude
4 years 3 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:i agree, technically what demoff said was true, the leaked hat wasn't THE hat that the rams went with, passed out, but i'm not sure how much closer you could have gotten to it, clearly they were basically the same, the leak wasn't out of left field compared to what the rams unveiled... reading what demoff wrote ("And don't worry – it's not the hat that you saw on social media a few weeks ago.") sure seems like splitting hairs.

Agreed a1! Was Demoff ever a politician? If not, he sure could be.

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Ramsdude wrote:Agreed a1! Was Demoff ever a politician? If not, he sure could be.

In sure St. Loser Fan is loving all of this.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

In a way, its proving the StL poster correct.
At least before the relocation. They were bait warning us. Reality check..

• 5 / 6
52 posts Apr 19 2024