• 3 / 3

What do you think of the new color scheme/logos

Love all of it!
32%
Like the colors, don't like the logos.
16%
Like the logos, don't like the colors.
3%
Like the colors and Ram Head. Don't like the LA logo.
26%
Like the colors and the LA Logo, don't like the Ram Head.
No votes
0%
Pretty "Meh" across the board.
18%
Ugh. Not a fan of any of it.
5%
 by 69RamFan
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

moklerman wrote:I got used to having diabetes. That doesn't mean it's a good thing or that I'll like it.

And I never said they haven't modified the horns but I never said I agree with those changes. Nor do I agree that any variation of a horn counts as remaining faithful to the original design. There is modification and there is change. If they go with the new logo on the helmet they will have changed the horns IMO. And not for the better.

But you adapt and started to take diabetic medication.. Just like myself.. :D :D :D

Look,, I getcha Bruh....

I like the thick big Horns around the sleeves.. and not those dinky ones...
but as I stated,, we adapt and get use to it...

But as far as having the dreadful STL dark blue and Gold unis and helmet,,,

I'll take these new ones any day compared to those....

We at least got the colors right,,,, Royal Blue and Sunshine Gold/yellow..... :D :D :D

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:But you adapt and started to take diabetic medication.. Just like myself.. :D :D :D

Look,, I getcha Bruh....

I like the thick big Horns around the sleeves.. and not those dinky ones...
but as I stated,, we adapt and get use to it...

But as far as having the dreadful STL dark blue and Gold unis and helmet,,,

I'll take these new ones any day compared to those....

We at least got the colors right,,,, Royal Blue and Sunshine Gold/yellow..... :D :D :D

I agree that them not changing to all new colors is a good thing but find it hollow to praise them for it. IMO, they don't get credit for keeping what are our colors.

And I think we must be talking about two different things. Being forced to adapt to something isn't the same thing as getting it right. There is no denying that fans will have to accept the new stuff because when it comes right down to it, we don't have a choice. But that doesn't the changes are good or will be liked.

I think the team has left itself open to criticism for their choice to make a change and the product they came up with after making that choice. Instead of proudly celebrating our tradition they have Nike'd up.

by AvengerRam
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Seems like, overall...the poll results are more favorable than the comments.

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Seems like, overall...the poll results are more favorable than the comments.
Looks like 17 to 13 negatives to positives.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The team color scheme has changed a few times. The Rams were even red at one point.
There have been stripes and no stripes on the pants.
There have been different number style a couple times.
The helmet horns have gone from grease pencil, to super wide (Van Broklin's) to super skinny StL / LA. So there have been several tweaks and scheme changes over the years...

by AvengerRam
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Looks like 17 to 13 negatives to positives.

That’s a bizarre interpretation of the results.

by Elvis
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:That’s a bizarre interpretation of the results.

But even so, still way more positive than the comments.

And now my logo takes:

I have never liked the snail logo but also pretty much never think about it except when i see one up close at a game or at camp and i think, that's not good. I also never want to buy anything with the snail logo on it.

I really like the Yellow Rams Head from the early 50s. I think the helmet logo looks a little juvenile but it's alright.

I hate the C, head's okay, but pretty sure i'm not gonna care about this either.

It's gonna come down to the unis and helmets for what the look and feel of the re brand is.

The new colors are good for the unis but not so good for print. All the reworking of the logo that people like is on navy and it just looks better for that sort of thing. But those same people would be pissed if the uniforms were navy instead of royal.

My other thought is, people keep saying, how could the Rams get it so wrong, why didn't they listen to the fans? But if you listen to the younger fans (here and on Twitter) they sound pretty happy.

We're a solid demographic but mistakenly think we're the entire fan base. We're not. The Rams see us as part of it. We have a hard time looking at it like that...

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:- colors are too charger-ish for my liking, it's as if the rams wanted the chargers colors but they were already taken, so the rams settled with a few shades lighter.

- head logo looks like a safari park petting zoo identifier.

- the l.a. horn thing looks like any number of unimaginative logos out there, and exactly like a morning talk show logo as some have already mentioned.

- i do dig the the 3-stack wordmark, font is excellent, so is the design, especially the spacing, it's perfect imo.

A1, you really nailed what it is that bothers me about this logo. It looks like it would belong to the Chargers!!! The ram head logo needs more menace for sure, but overall its the charger colors and look imo that make it look bad.

by Will0120
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Elvis wrote:But even so, still way more positive than the comments.

And now my logo takes:

I have never liked the snail logo but also pretty much never think about it except when i see one up close at a game or at camp and i think, that's not good. I also never want to buy anything with the snail logo on it.

I really like the Yellow Rams Head from the early 50s. I think the helmet logo looks a little juvenile but it's alright.

I hate the C, head's okay, but pretty sure i'm not gonna care about this either.

It's gonna come down to the unis and helmets for what the look and feel of the re brand is.

The new colors are good for the unis but not so good for print. All the reworking of the logo that people like is on navy and it just looks better for that sort of thing. But those same people would be pissed if the uniforms were navy instead of royal.

My other thought is, people keep saying, how could the Rams get it so wrong, why didn't they listen to the fans? But if you listen to the younger fans (here and on Twitter) they sound pretty happy.

We're a solid demographic but mistakenly think we're the entire fan base. We're not. The Rams see us as part of it. We have a hard time looking at it like that...

I think Elvis is bang on with this perspective. This forum has some of the longest tenured Rams fans I have ever seen anywhere. I honestly feel like a baby being 36 years old and following Rams for "only" about 22 years (no, I didn't know what american football really was before that so not my fault lol). Looking at my old ass banner below, you can tell that I didn't have any issue with the blue and gold uniforms. As a matter of fact, that's the Rams I have come to know for the bulk of time that I have followed this team.

With all said and done, Elvis is completely right that this forum is only PART of the overall demographic. Therefore, while I understand the strong sentiments expressed on this forum, it is important to keep in mind that we are only part of the equation in the grand scheme of things. Granted, we are likely the part of equation that have the most financial prowess to actually spend on team merchandises, season tickets, etc., but I really see this rebranding as a positive thing. We all want our team to have a strong following, and without a proper brand, it's hard to attract the younger fan base and build them up to be life long Rams fans.

It'll be ok guys/gals... 8-)

• 3 / 3
29 posts Apr 19 2024