617 posts
  • 24 / 62
 by moklerman
4 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:just not sure how you get from gehrke's beautifully original helmet design, and the rams head logo through the years (past and not so past), all with full, bold rams horns, to this meek logo?

i just hope it doesn't reflect what the rams plan to do with their helmets, i.e. abbreviate the horn curve at the bottom of the helmet, around the ear hole, which has always been a pain in the ass for (first) riddell and then subsequent rams equipment managers.

back in the early 50s, when riddell was responsible for painting the horns, they had to produce a special helmet add-on only for the rams so that the full horn would be visible - when decals came into vogue, rams equipment managers had to cut portions of out of each horn decal in order to mount facemasks and chinstrap snaps, which they still do today.

but by abbreviating the horn, by not having it wrap around the helmet earhole and form the the classic rams horn we all know, by making it look like the new head logo, it would make life much, much easier for those involved in preparing rams helmets... in fact the image of of the concept helmet that's been posted with the new logo shows this, an abbreviated horn.

x01.png
It'd be a lot easier if Notre Dame quit painting their helmets gold too but hopefully it doesn't happen.

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

You know...I was worried that I might overreact to the logo release...

Turns out I’m a moderate. 8-)

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Imo, they blew it.

by Neil039
4 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:You know...I was worried that I might overreact to the logo release...

Turns out I’m a moderate. 8-)

I got you covered! My avatar logo is looking better every day!

by aeneas1
4 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Neil039 wrote:I got you covered! My avatar logo is looking better every day!

your avatar is reminding me of the eagles throwback uniforms, argh!

02.jpg

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Saw these online and have to admit it makes me feel a lot better. Actually thinks these look pretty good.
Attachments
AC8F0489-CCA1-40B4-96DC-CD9F9FC54B27.jpeg

by AvengerRam
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Serious question...

Putting aside the issue of "should"... does anyone here really think the Rams will change the logo based upon fan backlash?

I don't.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:Serious question...

Putting aside the issue of "should"... does anyone here really think the Rams will change the logo based upon fan backlash?

I don't.

I don't either. They are already merchandising.

They handled it poorly imo, and the results are even poorer. (is that a word?). A contest, a fan vote since they're trying to bring in the fans. I can't imagine the feel good about this unless they just don't care that much.
And the division II team rip-off thing is in astoundingly poor taste.
I guess we'll get used to it, , sort of. It does say LA so that's good. The colors are good.
But the phallic skull cartoon is actually way worse than the 'Fibonacci spiral' imo and cheapens the whole deal. :roll2:

by Neil039
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I don't either. They are already merchandising.

They handled it poorly imo, and the results are even poorer. (is that a word?). A contest, a fan vote since they're trying to bring in the fans. I can't imagine the feel good about this unless they just don't care that much.
And the division II team rip-off thing is in astoundingly poor taste.
I guess we'll get used to it, , sort of. It does say LA so that's good. The colors are good.
But the phallic skull cartoon is actually way worse than the 'Fibonacci spiral' imo and cheapens the whole deal. :roll2:

Do you think with the recent SB appearance and SoFi close to opening the Rams Executives just felt nothing could go wrong with the new unveiling? Really feels like they stepped all over their own feet in this one.

• 24 / 62
617 posts Apr 24 2024