617 posts
  • 23 / 62
 by aeneas1
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

btw gang, i've already grown tired of looking at the forum headers with the new logos, hit me with some ideas.

by aeneas1
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

kevin trying to downplay the laughingstock reaction to the new logos?

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I still have a mixed-bad feeling about the rebranding (love the colors, like the ram head, don’t like the LA version).

While a handful of knuckleheads on Twitter are trying to make it into a “laughing stock,” I think the majority of people don’t really feel all that strongly about it.

If the team makes changes now, I’d be surprised. Potentially a bad precedent for the team to be that reactionary in the face of social media backlash.

I guess what I’m saying is we should just get used to the new look and hope the uniforms garner a more universally favorable reaction.

by TomSlick
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:concept explanation:

The Rams Have a New Look

The Horn

The shape of the ram horn that connects both logos mimics the spiral of a football and the crest of a wave in the ocean, the same design drivers that influenced SoFi Stadium, which the Rams will call home starting this year.

https://ramsnewlook.com/#home

Spiral of the football? Crest of a wave? Well, if those are the parameters, RAMS marketing could have saved a lot of money and just gone with the "Great Wave off Kanagawa". I think I can see the spiral of the football in this great wave...somewhere.

Talk about overthinking this too much...we are the RAMS. Big horns is all we need.
Attachments
800px-The_Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa.jpg

by TomSlick
4 years 2 weeks ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Elvis wrote:https://theathletic.com/1693754/2020/03 ... =twittered

Kevin Demoff on the Rams’ new branding and overcoming ‘immense frustrations’

By Rich Hammond

The Rams’ road to rebranding took many turns.

I think all of this comes to, the uniforms are separate from the logo and colors in the sense that they carry their own look and feel. There are certainly elements of the colors, logos and fonts. The brand identity as a whole, you will feel it throughout the uniform and you will recognize that, but they are not necessarily all one and the same. What you see today, you can expect color-wise, to some degree, but I wouldn’t lean into too many design elements based on what you see today, although they will be thematically somewhat the same.

With all that fence sitting, Demoff must be getting a sore rear end.

by TomSlick
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

As for what I've seen so far...whatever, put a winning team on the field and I'll be happy.

by UtahRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

I've spent 35 years in graphics and print so the logos mean a lot to me. I can't convey that in an internet forum. I've also spent thousand of dollars on RAMS collectibles and memorabilia throughout my lifetime. You'd shit if you saw my collection. Hell, I'd shit too if I saw it since it's all in storage right now. Anyways, how does one explain that to people who are only interested in player personnel, the draft, what the linebackers weigh, etc. It's all encompassing to me; the team, the logos, the uniforms, the history. I think they fucked up big time. Different strokes for different folks.

by aeneas1
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

just not sure how you get from gehrke's beautifully original helmet design, and the rams head logo through the years (past and not so past), all with full, bold rams horns, to this meek logo?

i just hope it doesn't reflect what the rams plan to do with their helmets, i.e. abbreviate the horn curve at the bottom of the helmet, around the ear hole, which has always been a pain in the ass for (first) riddell and then subsequent rams equipment managers.

back in the early 50s, when riddell was responsible for painting the horns, they had to produce a special helmet add-on only for the rams so that the full horn would be visible - when decals came into vogue, rams equipment managers had to cut portions of out of each horn decal in order to mount facemasks and chinstrap snaps, which they still do today.

but by abbreviating the horn, by not having it wrap around the helmet earhole and form the the classic rams horn we all know, by making it look like the new head logo, it would make life much, much easier for those involved in preparing rams helmets... in fact the image of of the concept helmet that's been posted with the new logo shows this, an abbreviated horn.

x01.png

by aeneas1
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Ramifornia510 wrote:The petition still needs about 2,000 signatures.

http://chng.it/9whQ2bKH7W

not sure what i like more, your great avatar or great screen name, well done sir! off to sign!

• 23 / 62
617 posts Apr 15 2024