23 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by safer
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Sheit, it's like they're a bunch of kids!
Ol' Whit is 38; Havenstein and Blythe are both 27.........And maybe Whit and Hav won't be here over a year........The other frickin' eight average 23.7 y/o and NONE are over 24! Edwards, Evans, Corbett, Noteboom, Shelton, Brewer (listed as #2 LT right now), and, of course, Canuck's fav, Demby :D ;)
I know Canuck, just because they're young doesn't mean they aren't shitty ;) BUT, you gotta admit that Evans, Edwards and Corbett look like legit starters, right? I think much more of Noteboom than you, and that still leaves several other, legit candidates. I am very encouraged after learning how incredibly young this group is.
NOW...drum roll please ..................This is THE year we should all find out about the good, the bad and the ugly as it pertains to our gifted Oline guru, none other than Aaron Kromer...ta da!!

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

safer wrote:Sheit, it's like they're a bunch of kids!
Ol' Whit is 38; Havenstein and Blythe are both 27.........And maybe Whit and Hav won't be here over a year........The other frickin' eight average 23.7 y/o and NONE are over 24! Edwards, Evans, Corbett, Noteboom, Shelton, Brewer (listed as #2 LT right now), and, of course, Canuck's fav, Demby :D ;)
I know Canuck, just because they're young doesn't mean they aren't shitty ;) BUT, you gotta admit that Evans, Edwards and Corbett look like legit starters, right? I think much more of Noteboom than you, and that still leaves several other, legit candidates. I am very encouraged after learning how incredibly young this group is.
NOW...drum roll please ..................This is THE year we should all find out about the good, the bad and the ugly as it pertains to our gifted Oline guru, none other than Aaron Kromer...ta da!!

I feel much better about our o-line with how they performed in the later half of season. Getting Noteboom back (dont need him right away) will hopefully provide a boost too. The Rams really need to shore up the defense now, so hopefully this unit can get a lineup and stick with it and keep the injury bug away.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I remember the Fisher days. Draft em. Develop em. As soon as they start approaching their potential, let em walk and draft some more replacements. Recycle young for experience. Of course, at least it was better than the previous two regimes where they drafted and cut them in a couple years because they sucked. :oops2:

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I feel much better about our o-line with how they performed in the later half of season. Getting Noteboom back (dont need him right away) will hopefully provide a boost too. The Rams really need to shore up the defense now, so hopefully this unit can get a lineup and stick with it and keep the injury bug away.

Injuries can derail the best laid plans. But I think we will be better prepared on the offensive line with the unexpected experience some the younger guys were pressed into.

Right now I'm guessing the line will be Whit, Noteboom, Blythe, Edwards and Hav. If injuries start to happen, guys like Allen, Evans, Corbett and Shelton will be a little better prepared than last season. I don't think injuries will affect the line as much as last season.

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:Injuries can derail the best laid plans. But I think we will be better prepared on the offensive line with the unexpected experience some the younger guys were pressed into.

Right now I'm guessing the line will be Whit, Noteboom, Blythe, Edwards and Hav. If injuries start to happen, guys like Allen, Evans, Corbett and Shelton will be a little better prepared than last season. I don't think injuries will affect the line as much as last season.

I think it could be that, Noteboom may need more time (Corbett), also I wouldnt mind Evans beating out Hav for RT.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I think it could be that, Noteboom may need more time (Corbett), also I wouldnt mind Evans beating out Hav for RT.

I'm hoping Hav can return to his old form. He was pretty good before last season. If not, then yeah I have no problem with Evans there.

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Injuries can derail the best laid plans. But I think we will be better prepared on the offensive line with the unexpected experience some the younger guys were pressed into.

I'm hoping Hav can return to his old form. He was pretty good before last season. If not, then yeah I have no problem with Evans there.

Our O line have been dissed all year by a lot of people. Early on, we knew it was going to take a few games for them to gel, especially without preseason experience. But after the first 4 weeks they were gelling, despite what the critics say. Then, after the unfortunate injuries to Noteboom and Allen, the replacements gelled down the stretch.....despite what the critics claim. I'm encouraged by that.

Today the governor issued "stay at home" orders for the counties surrounding Philly so I bought NFL Rewind for $0.00. Great deal!!! I recommend it. What else is there to do but watch the news and get more depressed?

Anyway, the first game I'm watching is SF (week 6). On that first drive, our OL was blowing their D off the ball. Noteboom was man-handling #93 and Allen was 5 - 7 yards downfield hitting LB's. Gurley was in civies on the sideline and we ran the ball 7 straight times. Brown for 9. Brown for 10, though on that one it was mostly Malcolm Brown...he got hit behind the line and still went for 10. Brown for 7. Brown for 9. Woods for 8. Brown for 5. Woods for 8 and the TD.

On the next play Noteboom was injured and it started to go to hell. Was that early success a result of the niners expecting a lot of passing with Gurley out? And afterwards, was our lack of success McVay's inability to adjust his playcalling with a reserve on the OL? It was the first time he's had an O lineman go down, except for a brief stint in 2018 (a few series without Whitworth when rookie Joe Noteboom had many fans saying, "he's pretty good").

In any event, they looked extremely good early against SF, so had the "gelled"? The offense scored 27.8 PPG in the first 5. You don't do that against East Jabumfuck St. with a shitty O line. Now they have Whit and Blythe back, Havenstein, Noteboom and Allen (when they're ready), Edwards, Evans and Corbett. After that? Shelton? Brewer? Demby? One or two of those 3 will probably be gone. Maybe all 3 if they draft a decent OL.

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:What do people thing about Noteboom taking over Right Tackle?

If Havenstein is back to form, why? If Havenstein is not, then they have multiple choices. Noteboom, Evans and Edwards. They are actually in a fairly good position there. I think they are hoping Noteboom will be their LT of the future. Maybe Evans on the right side. Edwards and Corbett inside and Allen (who is not as he's been portrayed by the OL critics) or Blythe at C. Like I said, I think they're in pretty good shape there but the draft will tell us more. I could see 1 OL and I wouldn't be surprised if it's either a later round pick or none at all.

by river
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   111  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Dick84 wrote:What do people thing about Noteboom taking over Right Tackle?

I asked this same question over at ROD and got nothing but blank stares. Depending on when Noteboom returns, and with Whitworth holding steady at LT, Noteboom could become our leading swing OT, covering both sides, in fact it might be very good experience for him. I've been advocating for another OT in this next draft, hopefully taken no further back than our first 3'rd round pick. If Havenstein fails to return to his old self in 2019, it's likely the better man between Evans & Noteboom who could be called upon. Evans, like Edwards, may or may not be competing for an OG job also, it's possible they both compete for who could eventually become one of the first guys up at a swing OT/OG position. Drafting another OT protects us against potentially losing both Whitworth & Havenstein following this upcoming season, and having a new OT to compete with Noteboom is better than just handing the job off and praying like we did with Noteboom at LG last year. On the other hand, should Havenstein bounce back in 2020, and the Rams find themselves loaded with young OT talent, then he moves to the top of the trade bait chart and we command reasonable compensation.
jmo.

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

river wrote:Drafting another OT protects us against potentially losing both Whitworth & Havenstein following this upcoming season, and having a new OT to compete with Noteboom is better than just handing the job off and praying like we did with Noteboom at LG last year.

The O line of 2021 could be:

LT Noteboom
LG Edwards
C Allen/Blythe
RG Corbett
RT Evans

the loser of the Allen/Blythe comp as a backup. Shelton? Brewer? Kolone? Demby?

I'm sure they'll have a couple of new OL in camp by next year. Maybe a draft pick this April and definitely a draft pick next April.

• 1 / 3
23 posts Apr 19 2024