11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by CanuckRightWinger
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1388  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Pro Bowl

Per Fansided250 website:
The Los Angeles Rams failed to tender qualifying offers necessary to protect the teams' rights of matching offers to RFAs, Morgan Fox, Donte Deayon and Josh Carraway. :o :arrow2: :?

Somebody on our staff drop the ball on this.....or are we so penniless that we cannot even pickup Morgan Fox's cheap 2020 salary number?? :? :arrow2: :?2:

Anybody else know about this situation? :?2:

by Dick84
2 months ago
 Total posts:   6276  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Per Fansided250 website:
The Los Angeles Rams failed to tender qualifying offers necessary to protect the teams' rights of matching offers to RFAs, Morgan Fox, Donte Deayon and Josh Carraway. :o :arrow2: :?

Somebody on our staff drop the ball on this.....or are we so penniless that we cannot even pickup Morgan Fox's cheap 2020 salary number?? :? :arrow2: :?2:

Anybody else know about this situation? :?2:

Just means they lost exclusive rights, no?
I thought Fox’s number was over 2 million?

by BobCarl
2 months ago
 Total posts:   3508  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:are we so penniless

money wise no ... Kroenke has deep pockets

salary cap wise ...YES this team is virtually penniless

Goff $36 mill, Donald $25 mill, and Ramsey's cap hit with signing bonus will be $15 mill (or a lot more), dead money on Gurley is $17 mill, Brandon Cooks is $16 mill .

Houston we have a problem

by moklerman
2 months ago
 Total posts:   6292  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:money wise no ... Kroenke has deep pockets

salary cap wise ...YES this team is virtually penniless

Goff $36 mill, Donald $25 mill, and Ramsey's cap hit with signing bonus will be $15 mill (or a lot more), dead money on Gurley is $17 mill, Brandon Cooks is $16 mill .

Houston we have a problem
It's bad enough when you have to overpay to keep your stars and they are still productive. Donald and basically Goff fall into that category. But when you're looking at Cooks and Gurley, it looks pretty lousy.

Speaking of "Houston", at least they got a 2nd for Hopkins. As crazy as it seems to me that they traded him away, our team just paid a big price to outright cut our star.

In the moment, I applauded the Rams' aggressiveness but in retrospect, their desire to be trendsetters and bucking the norm has really strapped the team. I don't think there's any way around that.

by Hacksaw
2 months ago
 Total posts:   17159  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Nice the Rams take care of their people but they need to care of the right ones.. A couple turned out to be expensive misses.

by river
2 months ago
 Total posts:   110  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

With Justin Lawler returning from IR, maybe they couldn't justify the added expenditure for Fox, although I wouldn't be surprised if he returned at a vet minimum wage for camp. Carraway & Deayon haven't really done anything and can be replaced easily enough with UDFA's.
jmo.

by Hacksaw
2 months ago
 Total posts:   17159  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Oh and even with all the distractions in the world these day, I'm sure they weren't asleep at the wheel.

by PARAM
2 months ago
 Total posts:   5080  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

river wrote:With Justin Lawler returning from IR, maybe they couldn't justify the added expenditure for Fox, although I wouldn't be surprised if he returned at a vet minimum wage for camp. Carraway & Deayon haven't really done anything and can be replaced easily enough with UDFA's.
jmo.

Hopefully he returns because he made some contributions but even if he doesn't, we lose 2 guys who didn't play and another who was a backup? Does he even fit Staley's scheme where (reportedly) guys are expected to do multiple things? Why are we concerned when we lose limited backups and 4th level guys (Carraway, Deayon) on the depth chart?

by dieterbrock
2 months ago
 Total posts:   11563  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Oh and even with all the distractions in the world these day, I'm sure they weren't asleep at the wheel.

Agree totally.
Clearly they didn’t see any chance these guys end up on the 53 and camp fodder can be found later

by ramsman34
2 months ago
 Total posts:   4075  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:Agree totally.
Clearly they didn’t see any chance these guys end up on the 53 and camp fodder can be found later

And that’s a good thing. It means there are better guys already in the roster and, like you said, easily replaced come camp competition time - if camp actually happens :x

• 1 / 2
11 posts May 30 2020