14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:IE. McVAY HAS NOT CLEANED HOUSE ON THAT PROBLEM! :?

:D ;) I've been trying to tell you since the season ended......injuries screwed up the OL. Apparently that's the way McVay sees it. He obviously doesn't look at the numbers, eh (3.7 ypc :D )? He looks at the more important stuff like how the guy looks on the field and in the films. But I know you're going to worry just the same. ;) 8-)

by safer
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Guys, we will take at least 2 more olinemen in this draft.
I think highly of the young Oline talent we have here with Evans, Edwards, Noteboom (IF he can get back to full health), and Corbett (VERY highly rated coming out of Reno) all being/becoming worthy starters for us. Whit will shore down the LT spot for a year or two (he is at $10 mil per, but ONLY $12 mil is guaranteed). That tells me he is here for 1-2 seasons. Noteboom will be our guy there IF he returns to full health, and re-signing Whit gives us the time to find out. Blythe and Big Rob are my two biggest question marks as starters, and Big Rob could be gone during camp. His ass better come back in MUCH better shape. At camp, we will be looking at Coleman Shelton; Blythe and Allen to win the starting job. I DO think oc is our weakest spot on oline.
Looking at our new roster, outside of ILBER, I don't see a lot of need on that side of the ball.
We now have the Dline starters, maybe need one more for depth.
Canuck, I'm more to Param's thinking (I know, what a pussy I am ! :D ) on the Oline.
I choose to look at the stellar game they played vs. the Niners in week 16; NO sacks allowed, and we put up 31 points against a top five D. And that was without Noteboom. I know, one game..................as for the next week's game vs. the Cards, yeah we didn't play well, BUT WHO THE HELL DOES AFTER YOU'VE BEEN ELIMINATED, and playing another team that already has to? I think you placed too much stock on that last, very uninspired, team performance.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Nice post. 8-)
I think McSnead will draft a couple OL next month too!

Thanks for your input....
and thanks also for not scolding me about being too harsh on Aaron BSArtist Kromer!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:Guys, we will take at least 2 more olinemen in this draft.
I think highly of the young Oline talent we have here with Evans, Edwards, Noteboom (IF he can get back to full health), and Corbett (VERY highly rated coming out of Reno) all being/becoming worthy starters for us. Whit will shore down the LT spot for a year or two (he is at $10 mil per, but ONLY $12 mil is guaranteed). That tells me he is here for 1-2 seasons. Noteboom will be our guy there IF he returns to full health, and re-signing Whit gives us the time to find out. Blythe and Big Rob are my two biggest question marks as starters, and Big Rob could be gone during camp. His ass better come back in MUCH better shape. At camp, we will be looking at Coleman Shelton; Blythe and Allen to win the starting job. I DO think oc is our weakest spot on oline.
Looking at our new roster, outside of ILBER, I don't see a lot of need on that side of the ball.
We now have the Dline starters, maybe need one more for depth.
Canuck, I'm more to Param's thinking (I know, what a pussy I am ! :D ) on the Oline.
I choose to look at the stellar game they played vs. the Niners in week 16; NO sacks allowed, and we put up 31 points against a top five D. And that was without Noteboom. I know, one game..................as for the next week's game vs. the Cards, yeah we didn't play well, BUT WHO THE HELL DOES AFTER YOU'VE BEEN ELIMINATED, and playing another team that already has to? I think you placed too much stock on that last, very uninspired, team performance.

Good post but let's look at who they lost.
On defense: Fowler, Littleton, Brockers, Robey-Coleman, Matthews, Weddle.
On offense: Gurley
On the O line: Whitworth and Blythe but they re-signed

New sheriff in town on defense. I see us taking a LB, CB, DE and maybe a S. I also see us taking a RB....maybe one of the first two picks....and a TE, WR (Cooks was on the trade block; may still be) or OL. But I don't see them taking 2. With vets like Whitworth, Blythe and Havenstein back and Edwards, Evans, Noteboom, Corbett, Allen and Shelton, why would they draft 2 OL? When they need so much help elsewhere? Hell, they might not even draft 1.

• 2 / 2
14 posts Apr 25 2024