33 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by R4L
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

This may not deserve it's own thread so if the mods want to move it I understand.

I know some think the Rams will draft a RB and be ok. I don't. There are times when next man up doesn't work.

Just look at last season with Noteboom and Allen. Some tried to say they were battle tested in practice lol.

I like Henderson, don't get me wrong. What little we saw of him showed he had explosion and good receiving skills.

I just don't want the Rams to get to the 3rd game of the year and figure out they should have signed a veteran RB.

So, who do you guys think replaces Gurley? I will have to go with Melvin Gordon or Kareem Hunt. They fit the offense and shouldn't cost a lot after the chump change Gurley signed for. Thoughts?

by Haden
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2135  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Gordon went to the Broncos. It has to be Henderson or they dicked up another draft pick.

by R4L
4 years 1 month ago
Pro Bowl

Haden wrote:Gordon went to the Broncos. It has to be Henderson or they dicked up another draft pick.

Damn lol so much for that.

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

It's disappointing how much the Rams have been penalized by trying to take care of their stars. I was all for trying to wrap up and reward guys who had earned it but it doesn't really look like that was the best way to go for the team.

by snackdaddy
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Gurley played in 15 games. 857 yards on 223 carries Good for 20th in the league. 3.8 yards per carry. He also had 31 catches for 207 yards. Tell me again how hard he'll be to replace?

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Definitely worth a thread of its own.
I dont see them picking up anyone in FA at this time which could affect comp pick formula.
RB's can play right away in the NFL, dont have the "learning curve" that other positions have, so I could see where they wait on the draft and see who falls to them.
Otherwise, I think they could be in prime shape to pick off a vet who gets cut in pre-season or cut downs
He wants to retire a Jet but a guy I always thought deserved a bigger role is Bilal Powell, he'd be a vet I'd sign on the cheap, or I'd roll the dice on Shady McCoy if his price tag is right

by laram
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

R4L wrote:This may not deserve it's own thread so if the mods want to move it I understand.

I know some think the Rams will draft a RB and be ok. I don't. There are times when next man up doesn't work.

Just look at last season with Noteboom and Allen. Some tried to say they were battle tested in practice lol.

I like Henderson, don't get me wrong. What little we saw of him showed he had explosion and good receiving skills.

I just don't want the Rams to get to the 3rd game of the year and figure out they should have signed a veteran RB.

So, who do you guys think replaces Gurley? I will have to go with Melvin Gordon. He fits the offense and shouldn't cost a lot after the chump change Gurley signed for. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t fret over it running backs aren’t difficult to find.

And of course they could always take my advice and go after the guy who would be perfect in this system.

With Nick Chubb in house the Browns might be sellers!! ;)

by R4L
4 years 1 month ago
Pro Bowl

laram wrote:I wouldn’t fret over it running backs aren’t difficult to find.

And of course they could always take my advice and go after the guy who would be perfect in this system.

With Nick Chubb in house the Browns might be sellers!! ;)

Definitely wouldn't mind having Hunt but he has a 2nd Rd. tender. :shock2:

by laram
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   444  
Starter

R4L wrote:Definitely wouldn't mind having Hunt but he has a 2nd Rd. tender. :shock2:

Well he’s worth it if a player ever was IMO.

He’s like a wide receiver/ running back so you get two for the price of one.

IF memory serves he had almost 2000 scrimmage yards in 2017.

So he’s that dude!!

by river
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   111  
Practice Squad

AJ Dillon, Boston College

I don't know if he'll make it to our comp pick in the 3'rd round or down to where we pick in the 4'th, but i'd love to have him in combination with Henderson.

Scouting Report:
A huge, strong, solidly built power back that has rare athleticism for someone of his size. Initial impressions are of a pure bowling ball power back that will be featured in short yardage situations. However, Dillon has freakish agility and speed for a back of his size, and furthermore isn’t obsessed with making contact. A smart runner, he is always looking for yardage and not just to blow up a defender. Has good vision and looks for a hole and has surprising explosion after putting his foot in the dirt and making a cut upfield. An excellent blocker as well in pass protection.

• 1 / 4
33 posts Apr 24 2024