39 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by Neil039
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I wanna apologize to all the future Draft Picks by the Rams for having to wear their new hideous logo on what should be a great day in their life. Ok now I am done!

by river
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   111  
Practice Squad

actionjack wrote:I hope you are right about Ebukam, for me he has 9 sacks in 3 years and hasnt done much other than the KC game to distinguish himself. I have to believe the Rams arent comfortable going into to the season with what they have at OLB. I do have hope for OBO on passing downs. It would not surprise me if he got 6-8 sacks. We need someone to take the pressure off AD, so AD can be even more effective.

As i've mentioned in other posts, besides having Robinson next to Donald on the interior, I believe also bringing in a quality 5T DE is what will best occupy the opposing offensive linemen and ultimately allow Donald more freedom. With Fowler, Donald was still being double teamed regularly and often triple teamed, so i'm not expecting either of Ebukam or OBO to immediately match Fowlers sack statistics, but I would expect to see Donald's numbers move up again along with the 5T improving on Brockers stats, making it easier for the 'buck' DE/OLB's on the right side to function more efficiently.
jmo.

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

river wrote:As i've mentioned in other posts, besides having Robinson next to Donald on the interior, I believe also bringing in a quality 5T DE is what will best occupy the opposing offensive linemen and ultimately allow Donald more freedom. With Fowler, Donald was still being double teamed regularly and often triple teamed, so i'm not expecting either of Ebukam or OBO to immediately match Fowlers sack statistics, but I would expect to see Donald's numbers move up again along with the 5T improving on Brockers stats, making it easier for the 'buck' DE/OLB's on the right side to function more efficiently.
jmo.

I agree a new DE is key. From what I read, It sounds like the plan right now is to start Robinson at that 5T DE position. I hope we use a high draft at DE as well as OLB.

by river
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   111  
Practice Squad

actionjack wrote:I agree a new DE is key. From what I read, It sounds like the plan right now is to start Robinson at that 5T DE position. I hope we use a high draft at DE as well as OLB.

I've been reading that too of Robinson at 5T, and that will invite disaster imo. Situationally as a rush defender is one thing, but setting the edge or as a pass rusher, forget it. This scheme requires a quality 3 down 5T lineman.
jmo.

by ramsman34
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8528  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Neil039 wrote:I wanna apologize to all the future Draft Picks by the Rams for having to wear their new hideous logo on what should be a great day in their life. Ok now I am done!

Ok, that fuckin made me laugh.

by ramsman34
4 years 3 weeks ago

river wrote:I've been reading that too of Robinson at 5T, and that will invite disaster imo. Situationally as a rush defender is one thing, but setting the edge or as a pass rusher, forget it. This scheme requires a quality 3 down 5T lineman.
jmo.

No doubt. A'shawn is staying inside. And, in known passing situations, more speed will be brought in and set up outside.

by actionjack
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

river wrote:I've been reading that too of Robinson at 5T, and that will invite disaster imo. Situationally as a rush defender is one thing, but setting the edge or as a pass rusher, forget it. This scheme requires a quality 3 down 5T lineman.
jmo.

Yep which is why I think they get this player in the 2nd or 3rd round.

by ramsman34
4 years 3 weeks ago

actionjack wrote:Yep which is why I think they get this player in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ya probably. No 5T on the roster at this time.

by Neil039
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Ok, that fuckin made me laugh.

👍🏼😬

• 4 / 4
39 posts Apr 20 2024