29 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:He went 7-7 for the Eagles I think

Thanks for correcting me. I thought I woke up in Bizarro World. Mokler was saying Sam wasn't as good that year with Minnesota. I'm was saying he was. Instead, it's just this Covid-19 got me all fooked up. I think I gotta sanitize.

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:True, that was actually his "best" season but it was such a train wreck of a season and such a downward spiral that it's hard to think of it in .500 terms.

With both Philly and MN, he arrived so late and had no preseason acclimation they were just weird situations. To his credit, Bradford played well above expectations early but then he and his teams faded down the stretch so any good will evaporated.

Yeah, Bradford came out and played great for the Vikings despite having no pre-season with them, which was impressive. But then as he was fully entrenched, they lost 8 of his last 11 starts.
Kind of symbolic of his career, all the promise and potential but just didn't/couldn't get to the next level

by jackburginjr
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   92  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Keep in mind he did win rookie of the year. most of his years he was not bad at all. The coaches did not really give him the best supporting cast either with regards to the OL, and WR corps. Also he did earn his money. As you said the Rams, and other teams he played for signed him. His getting injured was not an act of theft, nor should it warrant any mention of that word in your description of it. He tried to play, and in pain at times due to his injuries. But hey blame it on him I guess if that is your way.

by rams74
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1472  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

jackburginjr wrote:The coaches did not really give him the best supporting cast either with regards to the OL, and WR corps.

It's not Sam's fault that he was the overall #1 pick the year he was drafted. If the Rams wanted him, they had no choice but to give him that $78M contract. And therein lay the conundrum, because with all the money tied up in a QB, the Rams were limited in terms of the supporting cast. Sam looked like he'd be great with Mark Clayton, but we all know how that turned out. He made a lot of money, from multiple teams.

The best you can say about Sam is that he never fulfilled his potential. The worst you can say about him has been said many times by many people.

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

rams74 wrote:It's not Sam's fault that he was the overall #1 pick the year he was drafted. If the Rams wanted him, they had no choice but to give him that $78M contract. And therein lay the conundrum, because with all the money tied up in a QB, the Rams were limited in terms of the supporting cast. Sam looked like he'd be great with Mark Clayton, but we all know how that turned out. He made a lot of money, from multiple teams.

The best you can say about Sam is that he never fulfilled his potential. The worst you can say about him has been said many times by many people.

You play under the big microscope when picked first. Sammy didn't measure up cos he couldn't hold up. Nice gun but lousy offenses and too fragile.

Look at Goff's predicament, , , he's pretty darn good and was almost labeled a bust.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

jackburginjr wrote:While that may be true, Bradford also has performed for the most part pretty decent. Least while he was healthy

So er agree. 👍

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Sheesh....what the hell am I reading here! :roll2:

EDIT: To my way of thinking, I would beg to disagree with some above and state that Sam Bradford's NFL QB talent level was not within the acceptable range. :idea2:

• 3 / 3
29 posts Apr 20 2024