• 3 / 4
 by /zn/
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The stadium rating..

Okay I get it now.

Shaw knew how to manipulate people in a negotiation. Yeah figures. 8-)

Hack, I don't do pro or anti LA, and I don't do pro or anti St.Louis. I am a nomad, a non-local fan, and have been for decades. To me the Rams home town is TV. Though I used to live both in LA (or near it--Claremont actually) and in St. Louis. Anyway to me it doesn't mean anything that Shaw jerked St. Louis around or that St. Louis let itself be jerked around by Shaw. He was a bad team manager, that's all I really care about.

by TomSlick
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Forgive and forget with regards to the ineptitude of the past.

Things can always be worse...Georgia's mother lived well into her 90s. Georgia died young at 80. Back then I had resigned myself that she would live to be a 100. Georgia was a terrible owner, right up there with the worst of all time, though I regret her early departure from this planet...I only wish she had possessed enough self-awareness to know she was clueless and relinquished control of the team when her husband died.

Of course, her clueless/evil/call-it-what-you-like/ behavior in taking the team from Steve Rosenbloom, the son groomed to be the successor to his dad, says a lot about her.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

The point is that coach Robinson #$#%#&$@$*#$$( @#$@ KNEW who the Rams needed to draft and wasn't allowed to. Can go back to any draft years later and come up with the perfect draft. But in this case Robinson had a damn near perfect draft figured out and wasn't allowed to draft same.

He must have felt like Group Captain Mandrake trying to find the proper prefix to enter into the CRM 114 Discriminator to stop the doomsday device from activating.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
Pro Bowl

"I only wish she had possessed enough self-awareness to know she was clueless and relinquished control of the team when her husband died." - Well Said Slick!

A big part of being competent is knowing what you aren't smart at and letting someone else (with some oversight) handle that while you concentrate on what you are good at.

by R4L
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:The point is that coach Robinson #$#%#&$@$*#$$( @#$@ KNEW who the Rams needed to draft and wasn't allowed to. Can go back to any draft years later and come up with the perfect draft. But in this case Robinson had a damn near perfect draft figured out and wasn't allowed to draft same.

He must have felt like Group Captain Mandrake trying to find the proper prefix to enter into the CRM 114 Discriminator to stop the doomsday device from activating.

Shaw and Georgia were all about making money even at the expense of the players.

Youngblood held out in 80 I believe. Ferragamo went to Canada because the Rams didn't want to pay him. Of course Dickerson and all of his hold outs. Ron Brown "retired" in 88 to run track again because the Rams were cheap.

As far as the draft, Gaston Green was a huge star at UCLA and Georgia thought he'd help sell tickets. But he wasn't a Robinson type back and played sparingly.

He went on to make the pro bowl after being traded to Denver for OT Gerald Perry.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Georgia TheBlackWidow Frontiere.....where to start on that harlot, with the moral compass of an alley cat?!! :evil2:

When Carol Rosenbloom, the gold-digger Frontiere's 6th husband, "accidentally" drowned in 3 feet of Florida surf in early 1979 during an early morning swim, there initially was a Canadian witness, Raymond Tanguay, a tourist from Quebec down vacationing in Florida (as many Canadians do). This single witness initially said that he saw, from a fairly distant vantage point, two men in black wet-suits seemingly forcing a man under the waves. Later he went to police and reported what he saw.

The next day he recanted his story. That tale made it around up here in The Great White North. I, like Caroll Rosenbloom's son Steve, have always suspected Georgia had her (20 years older) husband murdered.....again, the above is a suspicion.....

but here are some facts: Georgia wasted no time in firing Steve Rosenbloom as Rams GM and seizing the team and its assets just days after CR's death. The 1979 Rams went 9-7, but then quite remarkably, make it into their first SuperBowl. There, Georgia's husband #7 Dominic Frontiere steals 10,000 SB XIV tickets and sells them to Western Pennsylvania Travel Agencies ....

and so when I get to the RoseBowl on January 20th, 1980, I am shocked to see an ocean of Black&Gold with their Terrible Towels. The Good News? Mr. Frontiere got caught, and Dominic did real jail time for Theft, Mail Fraud, etc etc......
but, the Bad News? The LA Rams team owner, Georgia....got off scot-free. :?

More facts....Georgia's Ram Corporate henchmen John DasVampir Shaw and Jay BaseballGuy Zygmunt were running the team just to make money for Georgia......and those two prycks just made Ram HC Mike Martz's life miserable in St. Louis. They set up a toxic team structure that reeked of House Of Borgia stuff. Horrible people! ....and they eventually forced Martz out in 2005, five games into the season. Shameful and brutal treatment of Martz....by absolutely amoral dickheads!

Thank God, Enos Stan Kroenke, after CR died, bought out the Frontiere kids, and took over Los Ramos 100%!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

Needless to say, I did not feel alot of any sorrow when GF passed.

When I hear her name today, I recall the Steve Martin scene in the 1983 movie THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS, where he grabs the well-dressed and coiffed bee-otch Kathleen Turner (back when she was hot) by the nape of her neck and flings her into a slimy mudpit screaming:

"INTO THE MUD, SCUM QUEEN!!!!!" :x :arrow2: :evil2:

That's how I think of the evil GF!!! :twisted2:

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
Pro Bowl

Thanks Canuck. I did not know about the ticket scandal. So she actually negated our home field advantage in Super Bowl ONE.

How many of her husbands did she kill? Dominic was husband #7 ????? What was he thinking??????? I've only gotten married once (still married to the Darby. I've asked her numerous times and she swears I am her first and only husband, but I don't know. She certainly hasn't killed me yet.)

#7??? Once is luck, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action! Seven??????

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

TomSlick wrote:Forgive and forget with regards to the ineptitude of the past.
Of course, her clueless/evil/call-it-what-you-like/ behavior in taking the team from Steve Rosenbloom, the son groomed to be the successor to his dad says a lot about her.

Says just about everything.. except what's running through my mind...

by Neil039
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

@CanuckRightWinger
Sir this quote literally kept me from reading your post...

Georgia TheBlackWidow Frontiere.....where to start on that harlot, with the moral compass of an alley cat?!! :evil2:

I was laughing to hard to read on!

• 3 / 4
31 posts Apr 19 2024