33 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:I saw the article, and posted it. No, it was not (a conscience) intention

Fixed.

It is ok Jack, I still love your football and football-related posts. keep doing what you do.

are you going to do a 1st round pre-mock, mock to your annual mock draft this year?

Cheers!

by JackPMiller
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:Fixed.

It is ok Jack, I still love your football and football-related posts. keep doing what you do.

are you going to do a 1st round pre-mock, mock to your annual mock draft this year?

Cheers!

I'll think about it. Usually, I don't do a first round mock, I do a 7 round mock, that Sunday or Monday right before the draft.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

phoenixrising wrote:Didn't you already have an avatar with professional women football players? Or am I confusing you with somebody else?

Not to interrupt, but you are correct, his old avatar had a quarterback from the Lingerie league...

by RedAlice
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:I'm not really the type to get in here and cause problems, but I can't let this just sit out here like this without responding. This is a horrible sentiment to be posting, especially when there are women on this board. :(

We should be better than this.

As a female Extreme NFL nerd, there really is no way to get around this type of thing or sentiment right now.

For me, I so enjoy when I see competent women speaking about the NFL on TV or online and there are several.

However, then we get the total BS of that idiot blonde chick w the ponytail, sexy low cut outfits and huge tits who reads her lines and giggles at stuff.

She has some computerized analysis she reads while looking like a stripper.

It is a fact that this is a very physical game. Small skinny males don’t make the cut either.

Having smart females who know the game is awesome as coaches. I expect there are many more minds to find. No reason to keep females out of coaching.

Some of us are really smart. :D

The game itself demands extreme physical ability even from males. Not every male can play it, even if he wants to.

What I am exhausted from in this current political environment is pretending that all humans are the same. We are not.

by RedAlice
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

I enjoyed the lingerie league thing myself.

It was fun and funny. Like the movie Airplane.

I don’t think it was expected that these women wanted to join the NFL.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:Didn't you already have an avatar with professional women football players? Or am I confusing you with somebody else?
Yes, from the Lingerie Football League. Like I said, I'm not fundamentally against a woman playing football but like just about any other major sport, they aren't physically going to be able to compete with the men. So, if one can, more power to her. But if the league institutes some variation of the Rooney rule that forces teams to carry women just because they're women, then all bets are off.

by RedAlice
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Males and females are different.

Many females have the insight to coach it.

I view who plays the game as not a point about gender. It’s brute strength.

I used to body build. Fact is male bodies are created for more physical violence.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Yes, from the Lingerie Football League. Like I said, I'm not fundamentally against a woman playing football but like just about any other major sport, they aren't physically going to be able to compete with the men. So, if one can, more power to her. But if the league institutes some variation of the Rooney rule that forces teams to carry women just because they're women, then all bets are off.

I’m missing the part where that has been proposed.

Like I said, probably the only place where we will see women in football is coaching and maybe kicking.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I’m missing the part where that has been proposed.

Like I said, probably the only place where we will see women in football is coaching and maybe kicking.
Someone said upthread that they would lose interest in the NFL if women started playing. The conversation went from there.

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/20/sophi ... twitter_si

Report: Rams to Promote Sophie Luoto to Director of Football Operations

BEN PICKMAN

The Los Angeles Rams are promoting Sophie Luoto to director of football operations, according to Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson. The move would make Luoto one of the highest-ranking female executives in the sport.

Luoto, per Robinson, was previously the team's manager of football administration.

During the 2018 season, Luoto received one of four game balls from head coach Sean McVay following the team's 36–31 win over Seattle, a game that came in the wake of the devastating California wildfires.

NBC Sports' Peter King wrote of the acknowledgement, noting that Luoto was among other members of the organizations football administration and operations team that helped players and their families find lodging, "reunited families, found a Saturday practice facility, and kept the train moving."

The Rams' move comes just weeks after the Browns named Callie Brownson as their chief of staff for new head coach Kevin Stefanski. In early February, the Redskins hired Jennifer King as the NFL's first female African American full-time assistant coach and fourth female full-time coach in the league.

49ers offensive assistant Katie Sowers also made history in recent weeks becoming the first female and openly gay coach in Super Bowl history.

• 3 / 4
33 posts Apr 18 2024