4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ir-vision/

Jameis Winston undergoes LASIK surgery to repair vision
Posted by Charean Williams
February 12, 2020, 4:34 PM EST

It might sound like a joke, but it’s not: Jameis Winston recently underwent eye surgery.

As he was throwing his 30 interceptions in 2019, Winston drew questions about whether he could see. Winston squints as a result of being nearsighted since at least his Florida State days.

“He can’t read the scoreboard but he can see the guys in front of him,” Bucs coach Bruce Arians said in the final press conference of 2019. “So he’s alright.”

Still, Winston underwent LASIK surgery to repair his vision, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Who knows whether Winston’s eyesight played a part in his penchant for throwing balls to the other team? Maybe it was merely poor decision-making.

But Winston recently posted a picture on Instagram of him wearing oversized, dark sunglasses.

The procedure reshapes the cornea to enable light entering the eye to properly focus onto the retina for clearer vision.

It is unknown if anyone associated with the team requested Winston have the surgery or he did it on his own.

Winston led the NFL in passing yards with 5,109 and threw 33 touchdowns.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

My grandma had this done within the last couple of years and it ruined the vision in her eye. Hopefully all goes well for Winston. As much of a razor's edge as there is between being a starter and not, it's really kind of remarkable that he's been able to do as well as he has. If his vision is so bad that he can't read the scoreboard that would have to affect how clearly he was seeing the field IMO.

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

When i first started watching the Lakers as a kid, Happy Hairiston had a habit of throwing the ball to the wrong team and Chick Hearn suggested he might be color blind, classic Chick Hearn right there...

by SpeedRacer
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I had an astigmatism corrected via Lasik. Prior to that I could ski, play soccer, etc without corrective lenses. But when golfing I wore contacts or glasses. The smaller ball and detail required sharper vision.

Lasik made it more convenient. Dust and dirt didn't bother me like it can with contacts. But my vision wasn't any sharper than with glasses. That CAN happen but its not the usual result.

It'll be interesting to see his overall result. If he is better because of the surgery it only tells me he should have been wearing some Eric Dickerson goggles.

Go Rams!

• 1 / 1
4 posts Apr 16 2024