142 posts
  • 2 / 15
 by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

It was nice seeing Spruce again in LA but those Wildcats uniforms are FUGLY! Overall, all four teams I saw today didn't "look" too good. Houston probably had the best uniform but even they had glaring design issues. For example, I liked the colors of their helmet but the oil derrick with the "H" hidden in it just looks like an "A" most of the time when you're watching them play.

Reminds me of the problem the Rams had when they switched in 2000. The blue and gold looked great when you'd see it in the store but when it was actually on the field, the reflection of the turf just gave everything a greenish hue that just didn't look good on tv. It makes me wonder what kind of testing they do before they finalize these things?

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I like the kickoff rules. Seems to solve the danger issue and brings the kickoff return back in to the game

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I like the kickoff rules. Seems to solve the danger issue and brings the kickoff return back in to the game
Yes, it's an interesting modification. Conversely, they've essentially eliminated the punt. If you punt it into the end zone or out of bounds inside the 20, it automatically comes out to the 35.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BobCarl wrote:a chip off the ole Ricky ....

I remember that photo. Cute little dude. Weird to think he's probably 23 now. I'm getting old, , , AAAUGH !

So that KO method is wild. I can see where kickers are going to have to become great open field tacklers since a returner only has 1 wave of defenders to break through and he's gone.
Also the kicking team better put fast guys out there who can turn on a dime and close the gap on a speedy kick returner streaking unabated to the end zone. .
This would change the game and scores will go up across the board.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Interesting that Jerruh wouldn’t let the XFL in his stadium and makes them alter the Rangers old ballpark.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The only 'X' Jerruh want's in his stadium is a rating.

by CardinalFan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   110  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Yes, they do. L.A. Wildcats. Claws Up! I’ll be at the games starting this coming weekend.

• 2 / 15
142 posts Apr 29 2024