53 posts
  • 4 / 6
 by Horny Mcbae
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:I'm still sick _________________________

Me too. Every time I see a memorial or a pic I’m on the verge of tears again. It’s gonna take a while. People who aren’t from LA can’t truly understand what he meant to us.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:Me too. Every time I see a memorial or a pic I’m on the verge of tears again. It’s gonna take a while. People who aren’t from LA can’t truly understand what he meant to us.

No we can’t. Especially since he was an entire career guy. Kobe never took his talents to South Beach or return home to Philadelphia.

The only thing close is Roberto Clemente and Pittsburgh.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:Me too. Every time I see a memorial or a pic I’m on the verge of tears again. It’s gonna take a while. People who aren’t from LA can’t truly understand what he meant to us.

I can understand, even though I'm not an LA guy. I'm still sick over it. My family and I wanted to watch tonight's game together, but we weren't sure how emotional it would be. My son was so sick over it he called in work and said he couldn't make it.

We all loved Kobe and Laker night was family night for us during his tenure. My grown kids would come over to watch the games. Like I said before, we watched and rooted so much it felt like he was a part of our family. Maybe its better a few more days pass before we see the first game since it happened.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Mamba mode.

by rams74
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:I can understand, even though I'm not an LA guy. I'm still sick over it. My family and I wanted to watch tonight's game together, but we weren't sure how emotional it would be. My son was so sick over it he called in work and said he couldn't make it.

We all loved Kobe and Laker night was family night for us during his tenure. My grown kids would come over to watch the games. Like I said before, we watched and rooted so much it felt like he was a part of our family. Maybe its better a few more days pass before we see the first game since it happened.

I will echo many of these sentiments. I'm not an L.A. guy, but I'm a Laker Nation guy. I'm still sick about it. The slightest little blurb I see in the media about somebody's emotional reaction immediately brings me to tears again. It feels almost like a death in the family. My son, who lives in Pittsburgh, told me he's never felt so sad over a celebrity death.

Of course, one element that makes this so hard is the fact of Gianna's death. I've known of Kobe's daughters since they were born.

My wife, who is also grieving, suggested I get out one of Kobe's games and watch it again. I will do that, but it's still too soon for me. I'm glad they postponed tonight's game.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I will give Mark Cuban kudos for stepping up and doing something no other franchise has done. Retiring a player's number from another team. Say what you want about Cuban and some of his antics, but that was a classy gesture. I will never think negative of him again.

by aeneas1
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

bryant's tragic passing is taking on a clemente-lke aura, and will probably continue to do so with every passing year.

• 4 / 6
53 posts Apr 17 2024