211 posts
  • 6 / 22
 by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Elvis wrote:He didn't inherit Whitworth or Sullivan.

GRob was our left tack when Kromer was hired. He worked with him during the off season and then we traded Grob to the Lions. That's when we signed Whitworth. All while Kromer was a member of the staff and presumably had substantial input into Oline personnel.

Same with Sullivan, we didn't sign him until Kromer had been on board and actively coaching our players for some time. In fact we made a move on Buffalo's Ryan Groy before signing Sullivan.

You can be sure Kromer was involved in shaping the 2017 Oline.

Look how seamless the transition from Brown to Blythe was. Havenstein had his best two years under Kromer.

If you're gonna blame Kromer for whatever personnel missteps you think we've made doesn't he get credit for the good moves?

I mean, he either had a voice in the moves or he didn't.

BTW, got my chronology wrong here: We signed Whitworth before trading Grob...

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
Administrator

As for Jamon, he had a solid 2017 but hasn't been able to stick as a starter anywhere since leaving the Rams. For example:

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/gameday/ ... -inactives

The Atlanta Falcons have lost several players since last weekend because of injury, and a couple Falcons offensive linemen will remain sidelined with ailments in Week 15, but veteran offensive guard Jamon Brown will still be inactive for a second straight week against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

Brown has started nine games this season. He replaced rookie Chris Lindstrom at right guard after Lindstrom broke his foot in Week 1.

Lindstrom returned last week, but the fact Brown hasn't even been active the last two weeks speaks to his ineffectiveness this season.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

"Give (Kromer) credit for coaching up Evans, Edwards and Corbett"??? :? :arrow2: :roll2:

ME: And more Crickets regarding 2019 post-Rams Bye Week OLine performances! :lol2:

Fellas, we were 4-4 that back half of 2019....in MUST WIN situations! :x
Our 4 wins were against lowly Arizona (TWICE!),
da Bears, where Trubinsky handed us the game....in fact, Bears HC Nagy, benched his QB that game! Oh, yeah....and Chicago stud DT, from Regina, Saskatchewan BTW...Akiem HIcks was out that game....
and yeah, a great team effort versus Seattle at home in LA.

Our losses:
@ Pitt...3 Offensive Points scored
Ravens at Home...6 points scored
At Dallas....14 carries for 22 yards...and 1.6 Yds/Carry......this is an acceptable Rams OLine performance in a MUST WIN GAME to try to get into the 2019 Playoffs??? C'mon!!! :roll2:

Hey PA.....don't forget about giving AK even more credit on how Kromer's brilliant talent appraiser skills FIRST served-up Jamil Demby as our #6 OLineman, and inserted him as the First Option when Joe Noteboom went down eh! :lol2:

Finally.....crickets again on the 2019 Rams shitty Rushing Stat of 3.7 Yards/Carry which was only better than two dumpster fire teams, Jets and Dolphins.

Guys, one Aaron Kromer was the Running Game Co-Ordinator for Los Ramos in 2019.....
so tied for 30th in a 32 Team League is cause to have this Kromer guy retained again for 2020??!! :shock2:
NEWSFLASH: The Rams running game STUNK in 2019! Cough** and who was running that show huh?? :idea2:

Gee, I noticed how former NFL DC Joe Barry got a pity-fook interview from McVay for the vacant 2020 Rams DC job......
no such McVay courtesy extended to former Bears OC Aaron MarkTrestmanAlbatross Kromer eh?? :?
I wonder why not? :lol2:

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
Administrator

Considering the Rams hired an offensive coordinator, there's a fair chance Waldron and Kromer will lose their coordinating duties, or not, guess we'll have to wait for the announcements...

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I think you are correct Elvis....and I will go farther....actually I already posted, that O'Connell's hiring is a de facto demotion for Kromer...IE.

Kromer: Hey boss, I've got this great idea for the 2020 OLine! Let's fatten up Jake McQuaide and make him our everyday 2020 Offensive Centre!!!

McVay: Yeah, yeah......you need talk to Kevin O'Connell. See what your new boss says! :x

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Well I guess I'm a silly guy! :D As some have said, "he wasn't 'handed' that O line. He had a hand in constructing it". As far as "they thought guys were ready to 'step up' and they clearly didn't" goes, yeah, Noteboom wasn't the guy he was supposed to be, particularly from game 7 on. Blaming Kromer because we lost Saffold and Sullivan (not saying you are but that is part of the 'fire Kromer argument') and because Noteboom and Allen were injured and then turning around and not giving him credit for coaching up Evans, Edwards and Corbett, not to mention moving Blythe to center (and consequently increasing his value as a versatile piece of the OL) is extremely unfair, one side and probably a fools errand. I believe most point the finger more at Kromer than Wade but it seems management looked at it the other way around. Silly? I don't think so.

He didn’t have a hand in constructing it.
Both Whit and Sullivan came because of McVay. Whit chose the Rams over a couple other teams, not the other way around.
He would have been a Giant if Reece didn’t pull out because he thought he was too old.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:"Give (Kromer) credit for coaching up Evans, Edwards and Corbett"??? :? :arrow2: :roll2:

ME: And more Crickets regarding 2019 post-Rams Bye Week OLine performances! :lol2:

Fellas, we were 4-4 that back half of 2019....in MUST WIN situations! :x
Our 4 wins were against lowly Arizona (TWICE!),
da Bears, where Trubinsky handed us the game....in fact, Bears HC Nagy, benched his QB that game! Oh, yeah....and Chicago stud DT, from Regina, Saskatchewan BTW...Akiem HIcks was out that game....
and yeah, a great team effort versus Seattle at home in LA.

Our losses:
@ Pitt...3 Offensive Points scored
Ravens at Home...6 points scored
At Dallas....14 carries for 22 yards...and 1.6 Yds/Carry......this is an acceptable Rams OLine performance in a MUST WIN GAME to try to get into the 2019 Playoffs??? C'mon!!! :roll2:

Hey PA.....don't forget about giving AK even more credit on how Kromer's brilliant talent appraiser skills FIRST served-up Jamil Demby as our #6 OLineman, and inserted him as the First Option when Joe Noteboom went down eh! :lol2:

Finally.....crickets again on the 2019 Rams shitty Rushing Stat of 3.7 Yards/Carry which was only better than two dumpster fire teams, Jets and Dolphins.

Guys, one Aaron Kromer was the Running Game Co-Ordinator for Los Ramos in 2019.....
so tied for 30th in a 32 Team League is cause to have this Kromer guy retained again for 2020??!! :shock2:
NEWSFLASH: The Rams running game STUNK in 2019! Cough** and who was running that show huh?? :idea2:

Gee, I noticed how former NFL DC Joe Barry got a pity-fook interview from McVay for the vacant 2020 Rams DC job......
no such McVay courtesy extended to former Bears DC Aaron MarkTrestmanAlbatross Kromer eh?? :?
I wonder why not? :lol2:

Kromer was an OC in Chicago, not a DC.

But I digress. Those losses in the 2nd half of the season.....if only Kromer would have had the offense running the ball better we coulda won!!! Against Baltimore, had he managed to get 4 ypc and run it 35 times for 140 yards, we woulda made it a better game. Well, in all fairness we probably would have had to pass it more to cover those 45 points the Ravens put up on us. Maybe a little Freudian there about Kromer being the DC in Chicago? The Ravens scored touchdowns on their first 6 possessions and it was 28-6 at the half. Yeah, if only Kromer would have had us running the ball better.....geesh!!!!

Against Dallas, another game where had we run the ball better we might have only lost 34-21 rather than 44 to 21!!! The Cowboys scored 4 TDs on their first 5 possessions!!!! Yeah that Aaron Kromer.....WTF was he thinking.

And against SF with the score tied and the game approaching overtime, there's a SF WR wide open downfield to put them in position to win, which they did. Fooking Aaron Kromer!!!! What was he thinking?

See it's like this here. A lousy season (9-7) with no playoffs and a visibly lesser performance all around. Some folks write it off and say, "yeah, we fooked up....in many areas". Others, who have been long time Ram fans and have shelled out tens of thousands of dollars over the years to watch Los Ramos, want accountability.....FROM EVERYONE and anyone who fooked up!!! Well consistency says, not only should those folks have been calling for Wade Phillips' head on stick, but Aaron Kromer's AND Sean McVay's AND Les Snead's!!!! But it's just Wade and AaronDCinChicagoKromer!!!

Those other 5 games in the 2nd half of the season, Los Ramos were 4-1.

:D :D :D ;) ;) :o :roll2: :idea2:

Why do we always argue when the Rams have a bad year? :D

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:The argument is seemingly going my way when the opposition relies on Type-O's eh! :P

"Seemingly" doesn't exactly hit the nail on the head. It can also be used in this statement; "seemingly the offense was the problem all year but down the stretch it was the defense that cost us a playoff spot" . As far as type-o's, I saw it as Freudian, not evidence to bolster my argument. The facts speak for themself.....with our piss poor offense and run game, we went 4-1 in games down the stretch where the defense played average or better. It games they shat the bed we lost. And they didn't just shat the bed, they put more crap in the bedroom than a normal family puts in a septic tank over the course of a year !!!! But let's blame the OL coach.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Oh....I DID blame the guy responsible for the 2019 Los Ramos Dee too remember,
Wade TheOldMan&TheDee Phillips IIRC! :idea2:

But at the end of the season however,
Defensive CoOrdinator Wade Phillip's disappointing 2019 Defense did not rank 30th in the NFL. :idea2: .....and he still got shyte-canned.

Yet, Run-Co-Ordinator Aaron Kromer's disappointing Rushing YPA actually DID rank 30th in the NFL.....and that putz is still employed with Los Ramos!!! :x

On a positive note....thanks for using the word "blame" in your finale.....
and not "scapegoat"!! ;) Much appreciated! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

• 6 / 22
211 posts Apr 19 2024