70%
No
30%
 by moklerman
1 month ago
 Total posts:   5687  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I voted yes even though I never respected his decision to spurn the Chargers. Eli had plenty of up's and down's and although he wasn't the most dominant QB of his era, he had two SB MVP's and beat the Patriots both times. Top 7 all-time statistically in yards and TD's and 2 rings, especially considering the opponents, plus an NFL Man of the Year award is enough IMO.

by dieterbrock
1 month ago
 Total posts:   11365  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Without a doubt he’s a HOF.
2 SB MVP locks it up

by snackdaddy
1 month ago
 Total posts:   6276  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Two Superbowls definitely make his case. I believe he will get in at some point. But maybe not a first ballot Hall of Famer. His defense surely had a hand in those Superbowl wins. He wasn't as consistent year in and year out as his brother. Had the Giants defense not been so good I don't think he gets in at all. But I have a feeling he will get in before he turns 50.

by moklerman
1 month ago
 Total posts:   5687  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Two Superbowls definitely make his case. I believe he will get in at some point. But maybe not a first ballot Hall of Famer. His defense surely had a hand in those Superbowl wins. He wasn't as consistent year in and year out as his brother. Had the Giants defense not been so good I don't think he gets in at all. But I have a feeling he will get in before he turns 50.
Frankly, I find it difficult to quantify how the voters decide who gets in. I'm the furthest thing from a Raiders fan for example but Flores and Plunkett not being in is perplexing to me. Both of them have 2 rings and even though they may not have had elite production throughout their entire careers I don't see how one could not include them in the history of the league.

Eli falls into that category IMO. His career numbers are much better so it will likely be an easier path to induction but it's those high points that make him worthy. The high points and significance of what and when a player does something should count more than it seems to.

Plunkett's story seems so compelling and worthy to me and many/most don't agree that he should be in the HOF. He is akin to Warner and Namath and Sayers and the like that didn't have extended success but they did have important contributions. Oh well, I think Eli's decision to go to NY will ultimately get him in. The East Coast influence and Eli's good relationship with the media will get him in regardless of his debatable accomplishments.

by actionjack
1 month ago
 Total posts:   1021  
United States of America   Sactown
Pro Bowl

Im more of a stickler when it comes to the HOF. In my opinion the standards is they need to be great, not just good.

IMO Eli was a good QB, but not great. Great that he won two SB's but football is the ultimate team sport. Most of the seasons from my vantage point were good, but included lots of interceptions. JMO

by Haden
1 month ago
 Total posts:   1251  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
Pro Bowl

by dieterbrock
1 month ago
 Total posts:   11365  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

If his last name wasn't Manning, there would be no debate. He'd be in no problem. Seems like many don't like him because he wasn't as good as Peyton. 99.9% of QB's arent

by BobCarl
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3248  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I'll vote for Eli ... AFTER ... these guys get in. Especially QB Tom Flores ... he deserves it more than Eli does.

by Hacksaw
1 month ago
 Total posts:   16461  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Don't think so,, definitely not soon,, however he kept Miami as the only unbeaten and even better broke the hearts of the Pats twice on the biggest stage. For that I gave him the nod.

• 1 / 5
43 posts Feb 26 2020