5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by BobCarl
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4325  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

totally enjoyed this article ... I only read some of the stories ... all excellent reads ... don't miss D'Marco Farr's story, made me laugh out loud

some of the rings were pure works of art ... great photography

The seahawks ring made me nauseous I had to quickly scroll down or I'd vomit on my keyboard... all of the Patriots rings made my stomach turn, the 9ers rings were hard to look at.

One of the Cowboy's rings was awesome, the others were about hard to look at as the 9er rings.

Never been a fan of the Colts, but their rings looked good.

Yes, Plunket did lose his ring, and it was found 30 years later.

yes, I'll shut my mouth about the 1983 ring

the Raven's rings look hokey ... even if I was on the team, I'd be embarrassed to wear either of those

Until (recently) after I met a guy who was at the Immaculate Reception game, I hated everything Pittsburgh Steelers... that fan melted my cold hart like an ice cube in a hot skillet ... but Rocky Bleiers' photo was my favorite of all of the player photos wearing their rings.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story? ... ected=true

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

In terms of appearance, I think I like Tampa Bay's the most, especially out of the modern one's. The Patriots' rings all look like gaudy, cheap shit.

by rather
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
Starter

Having the Arli$$ guy emcee your ring ceremony speaks volumes as to what a second rate franchise the Rams behaved as in St. Louis. I know St. Louis itself really had nothing to do with this, but it fits so well.

by rather
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
Starter

moklerman wrote:In terms of appearance, I think I like Tampa Bay's the most, especially out of the modern one's. The Patriots' rings all look like gaudy, cheap shit.

I don't think that's a coincidence. They know everyone hates them and so they went with bigger and gaudier as they went from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6.

by aeneas1
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

during my sports memorabilia days i was always amazed by what i considered to be the surprisingly large number of nfl rings that made it to the auction blocks (super bowl rings, championship game rings, etc., from all eras) - there always seemed to be huge collector interest in these rings and bidding got get pretty crazy... of course unlike other sports memorabilia collectibles (game-worn jerseys, helmets, etc.) these rings are backed the actual value of the precious gems and metals they contain.

in fact i knew a guy back then who dealt exclusively in sports rings, he was the go-to guy if someone wanted to fetch the most for a ring, he was an interesting cat, on the young side, lived in los angeles, but what struck me most about him was that he didn't seem to give two-shits about any sob story behind parting with a ring, didn't seem to give two shits about a player that was parting with a ring(s) because of hard times, it was all business to him, i could never do what he did.

• 1 / 1
5 posts May 18 2024